Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 5:18:38 PM EDT
Just some info for those who still have FLGRs in their Springfields, this will probably apply more for the TRPs and US finished Loaded models with the stainless 2 piece rods but alos check the Brazilian finished guns as well.

Check the button head on the base of the rod to see if it has any type of bevel. So far, in two of mine there is no bevel on that head so it's battering the recess in the in the frame where the base of the guide sits. If you have kept the FLGR then it would be advisable to turn a bevel on this button. If you've replaced it then more than likely you won't have any worries

Disclaimer: I didn't start this post to start the great guide rod debate over again, just wanted to pass this on as something to look for
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hobbs, I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow on what I'm talking about just to clarify and a rememdy for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top