Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/17/2005 4:36:20 PM EDT
I just purcahsed (3) 10 rnd SS mags for my Rock Island full size 1911 and they don't fit. I mean they fit but only after I force them to fit and then It takes ALOT of pull to get them out.
Once I get them seated, the rounds cycle but it takes an act of congress to get the mags out......
The Mags have a shooting star on the top so I'm assuming they are CM mags.
Whats the deal?.....Is there something I can do to fix this????

Thanks,
GhostCat
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:56:20 PM EDT
Mine fit in my kimber with exactly the same tension as the kimber and wilson mags. Something isn't right if you ask me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:05:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:15:44 PM EDT
I can get the mags to fit and even cycle the ammo.....In other words, I can get it to seat properly and function.......but I have to force the mags to seat and it takes ALOT of pull to get them out.....
I can see the marks on the mags where the friction is........its getting into a bind on the front of the mag..........I can see where its having a hard time......maybe I'll just take my dremel and try and remove a little stock on the front of the mag.

Ghostcat
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:35:51 PM EDT
I had that EXACT problem with 1 out of the 4 CM mags I bought from CDNN, when I used it in my Charles Daly (also made by Armscorp). It got really tight the last 1/2" going in (save the wisecracks). I covered the mag in black magic marker and put it in and out of my gun a few times. Once I saw where it was rubbing, I took a fine whetstone and polished those areas on the mag. I looked inside the magwell and saw what looked like some casting lines and polished those down, carefully, with a Dremel. Had NO problems with any of my other mags. now when i push the mag release, it comes out slick as s*** through a goose.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:20:43 AM EDT
trgrpillr had it right. the CMC mags are a bit wide at the lips. Best bet is to work the mag well down flat and smooth till the mags drop free. There are verious ways to do that. I use a large file and then wet dry paper then the smoothest stone I own. Does two things. One thing to remember though, is it is best to strip the pistol to bare frame with the exception of the plunger tube and grip screw bushings. I do not mess with the mags themselves. Hope I helped.

Aim straight and have fun
Jon
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:58:08 PM EDT
check the inside of the magwell, sometimes the grip screws can be a little long on the RIA's. if thats the problem, file them down some. this can cause the mags to stick.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:19:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:19:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:18:28 AM EDT
I have a Rock Island 9mm. It started life as a .38 Super. But that's another story...

Anyway, the gun will not accept CMC magazines and I've had problems with a few different "Springfield" 9mm mags. The magazine well on the Filipino guns appears to be undersized since there are three of us here reporting this problem. One more out-of-spec thing to add to the list.
Top Top