Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 5:38:07 PM EDT
The cult of John Browning that is!

Between 1911s and ARs I can see a vast hole into which I will throw money and time, a maniacal grin on my face the whole time..

It isn't pretty, but everything seems to work so far. A bit of range time after Christmas will tell me if I need to do reliablilty work or if I can start futzing with cosmetics.

Even beat up, it's still a [small]better looking gun than my glock...[/small] We'll have to see about the other aspects.

GT
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard!    Grab some koolaid, and join us.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Man is my wife gonna hate the Arfcom...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait, are you saying you didn't have a 1911 before?

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Still waiting on your bank accounts to tranfer into the Cult's Coffers!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yup. Always had Glocks, but recently got an XD.

And now I have an AO 1911 to play with. I wanted something to learn to work on if and when I needed to, and a 1911 that I won't feel bad about if I forget that it ISN'T a Glock and abuse it a little.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Still waiting on your bank accounts to tranfer into the Cult's Coffers!

Er...I sent you all 33 cents....

I have an extra dog, just give me an address and I'll put her in the mail!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Gravity... forget all hope of ever returning to the plastic pistol craze.  For now that you have seen the dark you will never be able to escape.  Now you will know the full power of the dark side.  Oh no wait that is from some movie!!!!!!  Seriously,  welcome abord and remeber to hang on to your tookus.  You had best start the futzing fund now.  I have to set aside some each week to it.  Funny thing is I keep on draining my fund and have to raid the milk money.  Oh well at least I have a safe full of nee tthings to oogle over.  When all else fails I fall on the but babe it is an investment.  Oh and then there is always well babe you know if  can buiy that i will let you go to the jewelers today.

Aim straight and have fun
Jon
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:37:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a nasty feeling I am about to be "Numero Uno" on the "hate" list...........
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Mine gave up and joined.

Now I'm working to wean her off her .45 USPF addiction, and bring her around to the steel pistol craze...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a nasty feeling I am about to be "Numero Uno" on the "hate" list...........

Yup.

I can hear her now--"Sure, thanks for getting him into AR's AND 1911's.  Now all he does is wander around the house, gun in hand, muttering "My Precious, my preeeecious" all day long"

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#11]
The  " I can't believe you sold him an AR!!! " bit is still echoing in my mind...........I really am a bastard.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The  " I can't believe you sold him an AR!!! " bit is still echoing in my mind...........I really am a bastard.

And now I can already hear her....

The new squeaker! It isn't fancy, but if it eats ball ammo and goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'll be a happy, happy man!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Funny how even a butt-ugly, mutt of a 1911 can be beautiful in her own way....

Enjoy her!

.........and welcome to the "cult"!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#15]
first thing is first...we're getting rid of that gay assed slide release....

just happens that I have some spares  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:11:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice gun.  Enjoy it for a long, long time!!  Quit smoking.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What's wrong with the slide release? I worked all night on that 1911 to make it as nice as it could be for Gravity Tester. I tried really hard but I aint no Hobbs. I'll do better next time
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's wrong with the slide release? I worked all night on that 1911 to make it as nice as it could be for Gravity Tester. I tried really hard but I aint no Hobbs. I'll do better next time

Gonna park the frame here shortly! I like simple...

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1

Congratulations on the purchase of your first handgun!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The cult of John Browning that is!

GT

I don't know what I like more.....my 1911 or 1919........ That guy was somethin different
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#21]
If you think that a nice pistol (IT IS), you should try a Browning Hi-Power.  There will  be no turning back!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/ipp15l.jpg

The new squeaker! It isn't fancy, but if it eats ball ammo and goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'll be a happy, happy man!

Why does that look like 9mm to me, is it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/ipp15l.jpg

Why does that look like 9mm to me, is it?

Why the HELL would I purchase a single stack 9mm? I got a 1911 (in .45) because I realized that though my G17 might hold half a box of rounds, they were still teensy little 9mm slugs...

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#24]
And here she is after having the slide blended to the frame, the extractor blended to the slide, hammer bobbed, a new barrel, and being sandblasted and parkerized....

Desertmoon was INVALUABLE in getting it fitted up, and AZEX did the finish work. I'm very happy!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
And here she is after having the slide blended to the frame, the extractor blended to the slide, hammer bobbed, a new barrel, and being sandblasted and parkerized....

tinypic.com/jax9c0.jpg

Desertmoon was INVALUABLE in getting it fitted up, and AZEX did the finish work. I'm very happy!

Wow nice job!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Lookin good, soon "Mr" Wilson will be your "dealer" and "Mr" Brown will be your "supplier". Wait until you decide you HAVE to have at leact one USGI 1911..........oh, and that looks nice and.........ASSIMILATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/ipp15l.jpg

Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.  Beautiful, man, beautiful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top