Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/13/2005 7:46:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 8:33:09 AM EDT by chromeluv]
I will carry no other gun.

Put approx 800 rounds in 3 days through my ed brown, not one malfunction (only wiped it down after we got back to the hotel), accurate as all hell, and an ease to shoot/present/carry.

ETA: Some pictures, remember, it was a 3 month year old gun..

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:10:42 AM EDT

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:14:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wetidlerjr:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/wetidlerjr/worthless.gif

While I truly do agree, but to be honest me and my 2 other friends didn't have time to take pictures at all. If you were shooting, you were a safety for the person infront of you, and if you weren't a safety, you were shooting. Which attests to alot of the good things you hear about front sight..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:21:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chromeluv:

While I truly do agree, but to be honest me and my 2 other friends didn't have time to take pictures at all. If you were shooting, you were a safety for the person infront of you, and if you weren't a safety, you were shooting. Which attests to alot of the good things you hear about front sight..

Of your Commander that you used.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:26:39 AM EDT

Ahhh

My apartment was burglarized about a month and a half ago, and they got my digital camera.

But imagine an ed brown koba carry with alot of slide wear near the muzzle and a nice long straight line of scraped off bluing from presenting/holstering so much over 4 days.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:43:54 AM EDT

Ahhh

My apartment was burglarized about a month and a half ago, and they got my digital camera.

But imagine an ed brown koba carry with alot of slide wear near the muzzle and a nice long straight line of scraped off bluing from presenting/holstering so much over 4 days.

Alrighty then !
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:08:23 AM EDT

Ahhh

To bad you were not able to introduce them to your .45 while it was in progress.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:02:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GenghisKhan:

Ahhh

To bad you were not able to introduce them to your .45 while it was in progress.

Very true on the above...

Sorry Fellas :)

I got home late tuesday, and have been pulling all days at work so I can make up for the time I was gone.

I am leaving to be with the wife down in florida tomorrow and I have one hell of a layover (4 hours in the shithole of Newark) and I promise i'll get it up then.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:59:59 AM EDT
ok... but did you make DG with the Cobra? I've taken that class twice and both times I finished -14, leaving me one point short of DG and both times, my worst shooting of the week was during the skills test.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:43:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cliffy109:
ok... but did you make DG with the Cobra? I've taken that class twice and both times I finished -14, leaving me one point short of DG and both times, my worst shooting of the week was during the skills test.

I was 7 point away from DG

I did the malfunction clearing drills, tac reloads, emergency reloads perfect

I forget how many shots, but I pulled a headshot at 10m completey out of the grape box, and the last shots of the controlled pairs at the thoracic cavity at 15meters, I pulled either off target or still inside the grey, i dont remember.

Out of 80 people, from both classes, there were only 5 DGs, (all from our range also which was interesting) and from what I saw inbetween coaching, not alot more graduates.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:06:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2005 11:11:27 AM EDT by cliffy109]
I can recite exactly what happened with me. I flinched at 10 and put one on the paper, but too low and out of the gray. I put two others in the gray but in the -3 area on the body and one in the head just outside the -0 but still in the -3. So a total of three shots in the -3 and one outside the target for a -14 and -0 on the malfunction drills. Seriously... that crushed me. I'm honestly a better shot than that.

Only 5 out of 80 and all from your range? Actually, 5 out of 80 is pretty good but having them all on your range is unusual. The last time I went, I think there were less than 10 and there were well over 200 people in the handgun classes. Our range only had 3 make DG. Our instructor was Kandi Blick and she is absolutely kick-ass as an instructor and not too hard on the eyes either.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:26:19 AM EDT

I can recite exactly what happened with me. I flinched at 10 and put one on the paper, but too low and out of the gray. I put two others in the gray but in the -3 area on the body and one in the head just outside the -0 but still in the -3. So a total of three shots in the -3 and one outside the target for a -14 and -0 on the malfunction drills. Seriously... that crushed me. I'm honestly a better shot than that.

Only 5 out of 80 and all from your range? Actually, 5 out of 80 is pretty good but having them all on your range is unusual. The last time I went, I think there were less than 10 and there were well over 200 people in the handgun classes. Our range only had 3 make DG. Our instructor was Kandi Blick and she is absolutely kick-ass as an instructor and not too hard on the eyes either.

Yeah, it was range 1charlie, instructors were Bill (RM), Ed Winchester, Rudy, and Frank Marchant
I think kandi black was on 1alpha, was she the blonde woman, prior marine? My buddies and I were glad we were not on that range for multiple reasons, it seemed to be run in a very much drill instructor'esque' manner, while ours was very coridal yet smooth flowing range...

I went there thinking i was a great shot, and I was, when it comes to range shooting, simple paper punching. But drawing from concealment and shooting timed moving targets, I started off of really rough. But i probably was a upper third 'peak' at the skills test, and the shots I missed, I knew I didn't have my concentration on the front sight. even though I missed those shots, I was happy that I KNEW i missed them when I shot them because I could replay the shot in my mind and realized that the '3 secrets' were a bit off..
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:32:24 AM EDT
You had Rudy Waldinger huh? Did you get to see his revolver reloads? That alone is worth the price of admission. He is the only guy I've ever seen who gives Jerry Miculek a run for his money. Wathing it in person is the best way to really appreciate just how fast he is.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:38:28 AM EDT

You had Rudy Waldinger huh? Did you get to see his revolver reloads? That alone is worth the price of admission. He is the only guy I've ever seen who gives Jerry Miculek a run for his money. Wathing it in person is the best way to really appreciate just how fast he is.

Rudy was the 'mans man'

First day he had a nice 1911 on his hip, next day he had a 7.5ish barreled 8shot SW performance center revolver on his hip, a guy that can pull that off is "a-ok" in my book.

he did shoot for us, and did reload infront of us, I was impressed. Very.

ALSO very impressed with his biography, anyone who has done diplomatic security for over than 15 years in easter europe has probably seen, caused, been apart of some very interesting assignments

He was my instructor during the shoot houses, and within 15minutes, I learned so much about how to enter a house, go through doors, and target acqusition.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:33:23 AM EDT
btt with a couple of pics
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:58:12 AM EDT

btt with a couple of pics

Thanks !
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:25:44 PM EDT
although I do like the way he wears and it definitely gives the gun some character, she might qualify a trip to Tripp Research for a black chrome job.

He did my XD40, and I love it..
Top Top