Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2005 4:40:53 AM EDT
Anyone out there pick one up in recant years.  As in the last 3??  I was really thinking about getting one of the color case hardened pistols.  I have not had the chance to even seen an oly 1911 since about 2000.  I was not overly impressed with the one I saw then.  The western series just has a spot for me though.  I was wondering if the Q/C has picked up any.  Of course the olyarms page says nothing but good about the pistol, but then again they are trying to sell it.  Any real world experience with the pistol??

Thanks
Aim straight and have fun
Jon
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow 43 views and no reply's I guess that answers my question as to if anyone owns one.  HHHHMMMM does not bode well for the oly co. getting my hard earned cash for one.  that is too bad I really do like the idea of a case hardened 1911.  At least the frame and slide.  I have seen that Wilson has a frame color case hardened but to get one of the pistols that Mr wilson is producing with it costs a very very big penny.

thanks
Jon
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
AZ.....if you go to www.oa2.org, its a message board for owners of olympic arms firearms....you'd probably be able to find some people there who own one of their 1911's and most of the members of the site are pretty objective
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a couple of the Oly 1911s.  I have had the case-hardened ones in my hands but have never owned one.

I am not a pistol guru but I have shown my Matchmaster to many people and all have felt that it's a great gun.  My matchmaster has about 500 rounds through it right now and it is still tighter than my un-fired Kimber that cost almost double.  

The pistol smith at Oly actually makes the pistol for you.  If you want the front of the trigger-guard checkered, no problem.  If you don't want the spur on the front of the trigger-guard, no problem.

I have yet to have anyone unhappy with one of the Oly 1911s
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
so... i figured with the warrenty that they have I would have one.  Not sure when I will get it as my ffl will not order till mon.  Will report when I have in hand.

Jon
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a "Big Duece" it's a two tone longslide. I have had no problems at all with it. It's very accurate and reliable. Has fed everything I've put through it. It's as tight as my two Kimbers, a little tighter than my S&W 1911Sc and alot tighter than my two Colt's. Mine and all the others I've looked at are put together real well. Plus... all their pistols are Series 70 style with no internal or FP safety. When I round up enough money I'm going to buy a 5".
Tomcatt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top