Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, you carry a Hi Point then?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best deal in belts is Crossbreed's Seconds website.

Fully functional blems for very little money.  I've bought three over the years and never could figure out what the blem was.  They have what they have though, so you need to watch the site as inventory changes.

Of course, some people seem to love to spend more money for a name, but not me.
So, you carry a Hi Point then?
I can't carry something I don't own.

But I have no clue what you're asking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, you said...

Link Posted: 1/16/2020 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, you said...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you said...

Still.... no clue.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't cheap out got a LOT of votes, I agree 100%.

I have good quality holsters well over 20 years and they're still very serviceable.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
For OWB winter carry, I've been using a Mitch Rosen 5JR for my commander.  It's almost like it's not there.  I don't worry as much about horsehide on an OWB holster as I do on an IWB, just due to the stress of the belt pressing the holster against my love handles and collapsing it.  Horsehide is far more durable than cowhide.

I've found the 1791 holsters to be very well made, but ludicrously thick.  They're beautiful holsters, but just add way too much bulk.

I've been in the market for a new IWB, so based on what I've read in this thread, the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 looks really good.  I may have to order one.  

ETA:  Or I could find my IWB from D&D Gunleather in one of the boxes from when we moved down here.  Dave Workman makes a fine holster.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for TT Gunleather. I prefer the snap removable pancake and snap removable mag carriers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The problem with too many leather holsters is that they are too soft to hold their mouths open for reholstering.  This is especially important for IWB holsters.   Look for models that have metal stiffeners added.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The problem with too many leather holsters is that they are too soft to hold their mouths open for reholstering.  This is especially important for IWB holsters.   Look for models that have metal stiffeners added.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It has been my experience that sub $100 holsters just don't hold up very well. For another $35-$45 I'd prefer a Bruce Nelson style holster with a reinforced mouth, like the Kramer vertical scabbard or the Milt Sparks 55BN.

I just make my own ......................

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10530/bfg85x-1077685.jpg
View Quote
If you could get the gun to ride a bit higher, it would be perfect.

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Might be out of your $100 range but take a look.
https://tuckergunleather.com/hf1-belt-holster/
View Quote
I don't know if Tucker will still do it, but years ago they custom made a holster for my S&W 627. It's without doubt the best (of very many) holster I've owned.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Galco Concealable in Havana Brown would be my top choice for a OWB under $100 holster.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I was looking at Milt Sparks' Summer Special II for my 5" Rock Island Pro Match .45

As it happens, I found a rep from Milt Sparks on a 1911 specific forum. I messaged him and he said,

It looks like that is the full dust cover version? Unfortunately, our only full "dust cover" gun is the Springfield Armory, full rail operator. From the pics, it looks like there would be some dimensional differences that would effect the fit of the holster. We would need your firearm in order to make up a properly fitted holster.
View Quote
I'm pretty new to 1911's but my pistol (link below) isn't a full dust cover, right? It should fit well, right?

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/pro-series/pro-match-ultra-5-45-acp/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top