User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a railed and non railed model and both perform extremely well. The only thing I changed was the grips, when shooting in 100 degree heat the pistols would just slide around in your hands so I swapped the gorgeous walnut grips for some Vz's. I have 1300 through the railed version and my wife has 700 through the non railed model. After they got broke in they have ran flawless. It took roughly 400-500 rounds to smooth out the action but they are hard fit so that is to be expected. The trigger is great as well very crisp with a short reset.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/193723/Pros_1-308206.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I will pick her up this weekend, getting ready to order a set of vz grips now.

@chase45 the pro uses standard thickness grips correct? And do I need to get an ambi safety cut? From the look of the right sided safety it appears that isn't necessary but I want to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I will pick her up this weekend, getting ready to order a set of vz grips now.

@chase45 the pro uses standard thickness grips correct? And do I need to get an ambi safety cut? From the look of the right sided safety it appears that isn't necessary but I want to be sure.
View Quote
Yes, standard thickness and you need the ambi safety cut.

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I am taking her to the range tomorow!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
VZ Gunners + Springfield Pro is a perfect comb. Throw an x300U on the front and it really knocks the recoil down. Although I've run through at least three of the Surefire Picatinny latches on this gun.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn fine looking gun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#9]
You should expect tight shot groups. Wrap around Pachmayrs with the palm swell...  thats the way the military police SRT team did it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Springfield professional
View Quote
Springfield does not make high end 1911 pistols. Do yourself a favor and go to a gun shop that carries Wilson Combat, Night Hawk Custom, or Ed Brown 1911 pistols and compare them to any Springfield. The difference will be immediately noticeable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Springfield does not make high end 1911 pistols. Do yourself a favor and go to a gun shop that carries Wilson Combat, Night Hawk Custom, or Ed Brown 1911 pistols and compare them to any Springfield. The difference will be immediately noticeable.
View Quote
I had no desire to own the "best" 1911. The history and mystique, for lack of a better term, of the Springfield Pro always intrigued me. Almost viewed it as the LEO version of the MEUSOC .45. I know there are more refined 45s, but a Wilson, Guncrafter, etc. Do nothing for me. I wanted a pro, I have one now, and I love it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Springfield professional
We are not talking production Springfield’s......we are talking about semi custom hand built guns from the SACS. Built by members of the American pistol smith guild.  My SA pro and full house custom shop guns have been on par with any Wilson,nighthawk or ed brown.

Also just a little FYI , those Wilson’s you speak of....the majority of them don’t have gunsmith fit barrels like the Pro will have....so do yourself a favor, learn about something befor you start talking about it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
^Very true.

Springfield Custom is owned  by Springfield Armory, but not the same product.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is not correct, or rather, it reads like personal opinion.

1. Springfield's production guns (Range Officer, Loaded, Milspec etc) are pretty dang good guns
2. Some of their higher end production guns (TRP, Combat Operator) are significantly nicer them some other company's guns
3. SACS (Springfield Armory Custom Shop) although a shell of what it used to be  for custom work on existing guns, still builds one of the finest 1911s.  The Custom Carry, Ultimate Carry and Professional are all true custom guns. Hand built from the ground up.

When my order from Nighthawk Custom came in 8 months past quoted delivery, and wrong, I got a refund and ordered a Springfield Custom Carry setup the way I wanted. It came in earlier than the quoted delivery date and demonstrated some of the nicest 'fitting' components i'd ever seen. And it's been 100% reliable since then.
Honestly, Wilson Combat and Nighthawk Custom make really nice guns, but their pricing is absofuckinglutely ridiculous. I remember when a GRP was $1600 ordered the way you want it. The only thing that's changed is people are willing to spend upwards of $3k on a pistol.

SACS gun:
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm probably going to be selling a safe queen Pro soon. PM me if interested.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#16]
New grips came in. Here she is in her final state.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Very nice....love the pach’s
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Me too. I'd of kept them on if they supported the plunger tube.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top