Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2017 1:20:21 PM EDT
I have literally bought over 250 holsters for my handguns over the last 25 years. Lots of trial and error. I have several draws full of holsters that I have never used. And I have sold many of them. Just never get around to it.

I have learned enough lessons and finally settled on a holster maker and a particular holster he makes that works for me. No more guessing, no more 4 or 5 holsters until I find the right one. No more kydex. I have dozens and dozens of never used kydex holsters that have cost between $25 to $150. Actually, I do use Kydex holsters for my OWB Tactical Rigs when I train and shoot steel. But the holsters I use for daily carry are always IWB. I have found one model holster that just works for all my carry guns. Each time I buy a new gun that I know I will carry, I just order one up.

It is the Tucker Gun Leather "Cover-UP Plus". The "Plus" is that the mouth of the holster is reinforced to stay open to make re-holstering a snap! Every Cover-Up I have is so freaking comfortable. I don't like Kydex IWB because it is uncomfortable. Leather is skin right? Well it makes sense that skin on skin is more comfortable than skin on plastic. Especially when the skin in question is my skin!

Here is my latest Cover Up Plus from Tucker Gun Leather. I just ordered one for my new Colt Commander LightWeight in 9mm. What a joy it is to carry in this holster! This is my first 1911 carry gun and I love it! I have an all Steel Colt 9mm Commander and a 9mm Colt Competition 70 Series coming tomorrow as well. I am even thinking of having Tucker make me a Cover Up Plus Holster for the Gov't sized Colt Competition I have coming.

The feature I absolutely love about the Cover Up Plus is the adjustability it offers. It is simple to adjust for cant and height, as you can see be the J-Hook in the picture below. Lots of holsters are either NOT adjustable at all or only adjustable for either cant or height. The Cover Up offers adjustments for both so you can find the perfect fit. Let's face it, we a NOT all the same size and shape, and there is NO WAY one holster will fit everyone.

If you are looking for an awesome IWB holster, try a Tucker Gun Leather Cover Up Plus! It has a full sweat-guard on the other side that you can't see in the picture. It is also not bulky and not much thicker than a kydex holster, so it doesn't add a belt size! It also will not activate or deactivate the thumb safety on your 1911.

Updated with a pic of the other side. FYI I ordered it "Roughout", meaning the rough side of the leather is on the outside and the smooth side is inside. I don't care what people say, Kydex is much harsher on the finish on your guns. Some guns I don't care much about the finish, like my Glocks, or other polymer pistols. But the finish on my Colt is a beautiful polished blue. Sure leather will wear the finish, but not as harshly as Kydex.

Link Posted: 11/8/2017 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
VM II for me after about 12 holsters.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
At least the rough side is facing out, something that I got used to on the Summer Special and now won't own a leather IWB without.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks really nice Harrish.  How much do they run, and where did you get it.  I wonder if they either make one for a HiPower or if it would fit in the one you got.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks really nice Harrish.  How much do they run, and where did you get it.  I wonder if they either make one for a HiPower or if it would fit in the one you got.
View Quote
TUCKER GUN LEATHER

As explained above It is the COVER UP PLUS model. They make them to order for every gun you have ever owned, or will ever own. $100. Day 3 wearing it. So comfy! BHP will NOT fit in mine.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, I was hoping it wouldn't be that expensive.  I just ordered a similar DeSantis one from midway on sale.  Although I'm sure not the same quality.  That one does look nice.  

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/735569/desantis-sof-tuck-holster
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you, I was hoping it wouldn't be that expensive.  I just ordered a similar DeSantis one from midway on sale.  Although I'm sure not the same quality.  That one does look nice.  

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/735569/desantis-sof-tuck-holster
View Quote
Funny you should mention that. I just ordered a DeSantis Sof Tuck for my 1911 last month. For the cost I like the holster but after using it for a while I see some things that I wish it had. It looks like the holster the OP posted has all the good features of the Sof Tuck while also having all the features that I wish the Soft Tuck had..
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I may come to that conclusion too.  However I have made do with cheaper hoslters in the past......     But it would be nice to drop 100 on this one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, I may come to that conclusion too.  However I have made do with cheaper hoslters in the past......     But it would be nice to drop 100 on this one.
View Quote
In my experience it is cheaper to buy the better one the first time. I always wind up buying it later and putting the one I bought first in my draw of holsters that will never see the light of day again!
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#9]
250 Holsters

I went through 5-6 owb/iwb and a Miami Vice Classic for my S&W 4506 between ‘89-‘91.  I won a Certificate from Milt Sparks for a Summer Special, they made it for my 4506 - I was hooked!

Hooked on Sparks and Alessi (before Lou passed) the problem was I had so many different pistols.  Each had a holster and mag pouch, plus custom stuff takes time and $$$.   I consolidate in ‘00, I’m down to 1911’s and Glock‘s plus a few keepers.   I have all the holsters and pouches I’ll ever need... until the next 1911 project
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top