Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 5:24:18 PM EDT
My M45A1 is not going to be a safe queen any longer, so I'm on the hunt for a decent OWB holster for it.
Raven Concealment's railed 1911 holster should fit according to the interwebs, however, they no longer make it.
Bravo Concealment hates left handed people for some reason, so they're out.

I like the Raven OWB with the wings I have for my non railed 1911, and was hoping to replicate it fir the M45, but that's a nope. Who make a quality copy of the Raven Phantom OWB for a railed 1911?

I've got a local guy, but I'm in the "I want it now" mode :-) which is most likely a lost cause
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My M45A1 is not going to be a safe queen any longer, so I'm on the hunt for a decent OWB holster for it.
Raven Concealment's railed 1911 holster should fit according to the interwebs, however, they no longer make it.
Bravo Concealment hates left handed people for some reason, so they're out.

I like the Raven OWB with the wings I have for my non railed 1911, and was hoping to replicate it fir the M45, but that's a nope. Who make a quality copy of the Raven Phantom OWB for a railed 1911?

I've got a local guy, but I'm in the "I want it now" mode :-) which is most likely a lost cause
View Quote

Keep this in mind when ordering: A holster made for a railed 1911 probably won't fit a M45A1, since the Colt's rail sits about a 1/4" lower below the bore's axis, than the rail found on the most common railed 1911's like my Kimber Desert Warrior, or Springfield Operator's, etc.

I think your best bet will be the local guy, and by all means take, and have him use, your pistol when forming the kydex shell.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I make stuff.

EE Link

IM or E-mail me
View Quote
I have two of these for my railed sr1911 with & without light.......... they are great.

The only other "good" owb holster i have experience with is http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB-V2.html
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I was able to find, Raven blocked their molds for the railed 1911 to fit various models. Several other M45A1 owners said they fit like a glove...moot point however.

I'm thinking my local guy might be my best bet. He's working up a G19/X300 rig for me now. We shall see how that goes
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Keep this in mind when ordering: A holster made for a railed 1911 probably won't fit a M45A1, since the Colt's rail sits about a 1/4" lower below the bore's axis, than the rail found on the most common railed 1911's like my Kimber Desert Warrior, or Springfield Operator's, etc.

I think your best bet will be the local guy, and by all means take, and have him use, your pistol when forming the kydex shell.
View Quote
I've looked at them, but they don't seem to have any cant, I'm a cant kinda guy :-)
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I make stuff.

EE Link

IM or E-mail me
View Quote
Thanks, Ive got a guy, but I do like the look of your dual mag holders. I'll keep you in the short list when I start shopping
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First Spear makes one specifically for the M45A1

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17824

They also make light bearing and AIWB versions.
View Quote
Here's another vote for First Spear. They treated me very well and made a real nice setup for my full-rail TRP.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's another vote for First Spear. They treated me very well and made a real nice setup for my full-rail TRP.
View Quote
Does the First Spear have any cant adjustability? All the pictures show it as a straight drop
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
KT-Mech

I have bought a holster from these guys and the price was right along with the build quality. They also offer LE, Fire/EMS & Mil discounts if eligible.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Decided to give Off the Grid Concepts a go this time around. My local guy has stopped taking orders until Oct. Too many irons in the fire right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top