Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2017 1:14:33 PM EDT
I've recently picked up two Rock Island pistols on in 9mm and one in 10mm both double stacks. The 9mm is the full rail not the .22tcm/9mm. So far finding mags under 60 bucks or so has been a PITA. Anybody have a source for decent mags (that can accept mag extensions would be an added bonus)? I'm considering the 9mm as a daily carry gun if I can find some more mags for it. It shoots great and has not had a single issue. Loving this pistol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Find out if Para mags work.  You may find a better price.

At least you didn't go STI, 100.00 a mag.  But if you had an STI you prolly wouldn't care
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy Mecgar Para mags. Same thing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up advanced tactical. I was in the same predicament bit theyre the front store I guess for armscore. Good prices. Also para mags do work but my gun has a hiccup with them every now and then
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find out if Para mags work.  You may find a better price.

At least you didn't go STI, 100.00 a mag.  But if you had an STI you prolly wouldn't care
View Quote
I have one, it's an amazing gun and shoots like a laser but I would NEVER carry it since it's in .40 and a range toy. But I also bought it in another life when money was a lot better.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Buy Mecgar Para mags. Same thing.
View Quote
Very cool thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
For the 9mm, rumor has it a Remington RP9 magazine will work.  I have not tried one yet.  I use the Para Canadian mags which were expensive but run like a top.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:30:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For the 9mm, rumor has it a Remington RP9 magazine will work.  I have not tried one yet.  I use the Para Canadian mags which were expensive but run like a top.
View Quote
The RP9 mags work. They are the same dimensions as the Para mags, BUT...They are not of the same quality of the Para mags. I bought 4 of them to try. They fit OK, but you can tell the metal is much thinner, and the springs aren't as strong as Para.

Finding Para 9mm mags are kind of a unicorn thing. I found a few on GB, but damn...you'd think they were made of gold. Para 45 mags are everywhere, and pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Rp9 mags work great. They also hold an extra round. Psa has clearance sale on them 15 bucks each.

Now what extended basepads for them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top