Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2017 12:41:43 PM EDT
Hi,

I was checking out the used handguns at my lgs and couldn't believe my eyes. On the bottom shelf was a stainless Colt 1911 in .45ACP for $489.99. I asked to see it. It is a Gold Cup Trophy! I had to look twice. She is a little rough with a idiot scratch and other scratches all over the pistol. Nothing really deep. I did a couple of tests and all is well so I bought it.

At home I field stripped it. It was filthy. I'd say this .45 hasn't had a hundred rounds ran through it. The rails have no shine and the barrel hood and the barrel by the bushing is pristine.

I have started to polish out the scratches and most of them are coming out.

I'll try and post pics cause I know it didn't happen without pics.

I found the original receipt folded in the instruction manual. It was bought new from the same shop in 2012 for $1129.99 and tax.

All that is left to do is swap the standard safety for a single side extended safety and some nice dark Walnut double diamond grips. Maybe get the front strap checkered and a tritium front sight as well.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You did exceptionally well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
He sure did! Congrats OP.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a very nice score man,congrats!
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Great find !
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't find the pictures???????
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!! Great score.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I need to bump up my membership so I can post pics easily.

It's been a great couple of months for me scoring great deals on used guns.

First one from the same shop was a police trade in Glock 22 that has very little holster wear for $389. I know Aim and Summit Gun Broker have better deals but I got some free range time and I don't have to pay the transfer fee and I picked it out myself.

Then I bought a low mileage Ruger MKII Target for $139 from the same shop. Shoots great.

Then traded the G22 for a real nice FEG Hi Power clone. Not a surplus one but a commercial import. The FEG wears Craig Spegal grips. Pulled them off and put them on my Browning Hi Power.

Bought the Gold Cup Trophy.

My dad is in his mid 70's and is starting to give stuff away. He gave me his Python he bought used in 1968. It was made in '65. It was the first handgun I shot. I was five or six years old at the time. I know I will inherit it when the time comes. I wasn't really expecting him to give it to me now. One day but not now. It just feels kinda weird. I know why he is doing it. My dad is my hero. I really dread that day when it comes. He's ok health wise and all. Just slowing down a bit.

I'll see what I can do about posting some picks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice score!
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice grab OP.....stainless will be an easy fix for the scratches....love to see some pics when you can
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
No doubt about it!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Hard to go wrong at that price.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hi,

I was checking out the used handguns at my lgs and couldn't believe my eyes. On the bottom shelf was a stainless Colt 1911 in .45ACP for $489.99. I asked to see it. It is a Gold Cup Trophy! I had to look twice. She is a little rough with a idiot scratch and other scratches all over the pistol. Nothing really deep. I did a couple of tests and all is well so I bought it.

At home I field stripped it. It was filthy. I'd say this .45 hasn't had a hundred rounds ran through it. The rails have no shine and the barrel hood and the barrel by the bushing is pristine.

I have started to polish out the scratches and most of them are coming out.

I'll try and post pics cause I know it didn't happen without pics.

I found the original receipt folded in the instruction manual. It was bought new from the same shop in 2012 for $1129.99 and tax.

All that is left to do is swap the standard safety for a single side extended safety and some nice dark Walnut double diamond grips. Maybe get the front strap checkered and a tritium front sight as well.

Steve
View Quote

OP, I think I hate you!

Yes, yes, I definitely hate you!

j/k!   Congrats on a STEAL of a deal!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top