Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2017 9:59:14 PM EDT
I have two 1911's now, the one with the ambi safety I really dont care for.  Ive been kind itching for another but the ones that catch my eye all have the ambi safety, which I could do without.  
Looking for these features:
Tritium night sights
Single side safety
full size
preferably alloy frame

I really like the Springfield Range officer, but would prefer different sights.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Not to discourage you from buying a new gun of course, but you could always just replace the safety and sights for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I just remembered Springfield has a "custom" line
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I fit a Wilson bullet proof single side safety with no problems.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I seldom find a production 1911 that is exactly what I'm looking for.

I generally have my local gunsmith (top notch guy) install a flat trigger, different sights, and single side safety.

This TRP Operator got a Harrison rear with XS tritium front, Nighthawk one piece magwell, 10-8 trigger, Ed Brown thumb safety reduced by 1/3 and 10-8 guide rod with plug.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]
When I order my pistols, I request the Ed Brown Extended Tactical Safety and had it de-horned.  My most recent build was a Colt Commander and I kept the stock safety.  I swipe it off with one fluid motion without issue for 9 years.

Unfortunately, if your new 1911 has an ambi-safety then you'll need to replace it.  Pistols are like cars, you're going to upgrade and customize to fit you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Dan Wesson Valor...
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]
The Springfield "Operator" series have single sided safeties.

I would buy the safety from the Brownells link above rather than buy a new gun though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a harrison safety
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top