Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2017 1:09:48 PM EDT
I have some older mags with plastic followers. Is there any major reason to upgrade to the steel followers?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
if you have an Al frame with non ramped barrel, I would keep the plastic, but I see no reason to change (material) to new followers, unless yours are worn out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The metal followers tend to feed HP and flat nose ammo 100% reliably, unlike the plastic followers. Out of the 12 or so 9mm 1911's I own now, only 1 will reliably feed HP's/FN's from the old style WC mags.

I have had zero issues with the new WC metal follower design in any of my guns. Metalforms are great too, they use the same follower, though I have had some failure to drop free mags from them. Tripp Cobras and CMC mags have the same issue the old style WC mags had in my guns when shooting flat nose and HP's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
My experience seems to differ from above. I have 6 different 9mm 1911s and none have any issue feeding any hps or fmjs with either Wilson follower type. But I have not tried all the hps nor have I tried flat nose 9mm. If your plastic ones are working, then why fix them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top