Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2017 2:30:37 PM EDT
Looking to purchase some aftermarket grips for a rock island 2011 double stack 9mm model...any suggestions on where to find some aftermarket grips that will fit this model?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Midwayusa, Theres some on Amazon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Midwayusa, Theres some on Amazon.
View Quote
For this specific model? Or just 1911 grips in general? My understanding it being a double stack traditional 1911 grips won't work. Any input is appreciated
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The Hogue for P14 or VZ are all I know of.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
My son's RIA came with very pretty walnut grips, but I slapped a used Pachmayr wrap-around "Signature" grip on it once we finished testing it out.  The Pachmayr is grippy and comfortable to hold, and the sides are steel-reinforced for stability.  Those pretty walnut grips were way too smooth to hold well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of these pistols too.

Found these on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rock-Island-1911-Hi-Cap-TCM-Grips-G10-Magwell-or-Standard-Choice-of-Color-/181893052868

Link left cold on purpose.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one of these pistols too.

Found these on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rock-Island-1911-Hi-Cap-TCM-Grips-G10-Magwell-or-Standard-Choice-of-Color-/181893052868

Link left cold on purpose.
View Quote
I bought these grips and they DO NOT fit either of my RIA double stacks. If anyone wants to see if they will fit theirs you are welcome to try. Or I can measure the distance between the holes.

ETA I would really like to find grips for my pistols.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I bought these grips and they DO NOT fit either of my RIA double stacks. If anyone wants to see if they will fit theirs you are welcome to try. Or I can measure the distance between the holes.

View Quote
Best i can do is offer to print you some, but i would need a set to reverse engineer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll add that rock island may have changed their hole spacing on different models and years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Best i can do is offer to print you some, but i would need a set to reverse engineer.
View Quote
I will send them. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why didn't you return them?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
The RIA doublestack grips are sorta like Para grips but not exactly.   You could probably whittle some Para grips down to fit (I forget exactly how they're different and I'm not sitting in front of them right now).
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why didn't you return them?
View Quote
I emailed/messaged the seller asking to return. They did not reply. Didn't want to mail back without an agreement to refund some of the payment.

It's paypal and I could have fought it but didn't.  Figured they might get used someday.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I will send them. Thanks!
View Quote
If this works out, post some pics.  I may be interested in some.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I looked back and realized that I only posted half of what I'd meant to.  I said my Pachmayer grips worked well, but I left out the bit that would have made the post worthwhile: while Pachmayer no longer makes this type of grip, Hougue DOES a similar, wrap around grip for Para double stack pistols, and I think that would fit the RIA double stack pistol.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes the Hogue grips will fit.  You just stretch them a little.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Could you post a pic or two of the difference in fit? I'm assuming the grip screw spacing is different?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Got some from stoner cnc on eBay for a good price for my para. They're great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top