Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2017 1:37:34 PM EDT
Since I am far too impatient to order a set of VZ super scoops when I already have a good set of grips I decided to take a swing at a little DIY project. Here's a shot of the grips before I started and with a little sharpie visualization (thankfully I can dremel better than I can draw)

Best way I found to keep the grips static during the process was just a chunk of 2x4 and a couple drywall screws that way I didn't need my vice and I could do the project outside thus minimizing the chances of the fiance trying to hurt me for making  a mess. And as a side note, this stuff is incredibly messy and not good to inhale so safety glasses and some kind of respirator or cover is highly recommended.

I kept a glass of water and paper towels on hand to get the dust out of the way and the water really helped to see where I was in the process since the dust is white and very fine after a couple seconds you cant really tell whats going on under the layer of dust.

Cutting the shape was easy, the hardest part was the finishing work and making sure that the various colored layers were aesthetically pleasing and somewhat symmetrical.

Hope that helps anyone debating trying a similar project themselves.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Really nice job.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks Great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top