Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2017 7:42:55 PM EDT
Typing on a phone.  Sorry for errors.  Ed brown kobra carry.  Bought new couple of weeks ago. 1250 rounds through it as of today, no issues whatsoever.  When I walked from the range to my truck I could hear a rattling sound but assumed it was loose mags in my bag or something.  I was wearing the kobra carry to the range and home from the range.  When I got out of my truck to go into my home I heard the rattling sound again.   Got inside and looked through my bag when I heard it again.  My grip safety is what's rattling, if u grab it with two fingers you can m9ve it side to side making the sound.  My 2 dan wesson sure as hell dont do that and I've never noticed a 1911 before that has that much play in the grip safety.  Does anyone know what the issue could be, how serious it is, and if I can fix it or if I have to send it back.  Again, sorry if auto correct kicked in, any help would be appreciated.   Thanks, Woody
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's that loose which and Ed brown definitely shouldn't be I would send it back. Any ed brown I have had were fitted much better then that.. A rattling GS is very annoying IMO and shouldn't be on a gun if EB price point.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You can disassemble the gun and adjust the spring leg that contacts the beaver tail to apply more force/tension.  Easy fix that you can do.  If you send it back, they'll do the same or replace the spring if it's defective.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If it was a Colt I would except doing that being its and ED Brown there shouldn't be that side to side movement to the point of rattling..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top