Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2017 10:09:06 PM EDT
Hi all. I figured I'd get the opinion of the forums on this. I have a Springfield 1911 A1 NM. Serial number in the low 4xxxx. If I remember correctly, it was made in the late 80s. Bought it from a friend of mine years ago. It's in really nice shape, but perfect by no means.

Anyway, would I be doing this gun injustice if I had it machined for different sights, and maybe messed around with some Wilson (or other)  parts? I know the NM makes it slightly more desirable, but to the point I shouldn't modify it at all? Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
What you have is an old Springfield standard more then likely there is no real collector value to it. The only thing that NM in the serial number means is it is American made not Brazilian. But chances are it is a pre ban gun which would have some value in CT as we can put a threaded barrel in it and use It as a suppressor host. You would need to confirm date of manufacture for that with Springfield tho. This is mine I don't think I did it any injustice;) .  It was made in 1989
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. I knew that about the NM stamp, your first sentence is what i was looking for. No, you didn't do yours any injustice, looks great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top