BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Out for delivery!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got some choice words for anyone who neckbearded these up and now is turning them directly over on gunbroker for excessive amounts of $$.
Message me if you'd like to hear them ...

Aside from the negative feelings I have for you , my hopes are that you can't sell them for what you want and have to sit on them at those prices.

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I wanted to make you guys aware of a discovery in my tracking of serial numbers and weapon photographs. In our Decommissioned M45A1 CQBP owners FB group there are three people who have received used pistols that seem to have belonged to the same unit. The pistols are:

Serial No. 02293EGA  Rack #21
Serial No. 02294EGA Rack #22

Serial No. 02295EGA Rack #24

The rack numbers are in the same place on each pistol and are in red. Uniform placement, uniform color. Solid indication they were in the same arms room.

Additionally, we have Serial No. 02270 Rack #11. The rack number is the same location/color as the other three.

Just kind of cool thing I thought.

My military schedule has me far behind in the developments over the last couple of days. A lot of serial numbers and a lot of photos have been posted. I will post more as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted to make you guys aware of a discovery in my tracking of serial numbers and weapon photographs. In our Decommissioned M45A1 CQBP owners FB group there are three people who have received used pistols that seem to have belonged to the same unit. The pistols are:

The rack numbers are in the same place on each pistol and are in red. Uniform placement, uniform color. Solid indication they were in the same arms room.

Additionally, we have Serial No. 02270 Rack #11. The rack number is the same location/color as the other three.

My military schedule has me far behind in the developments over the last couple of days. A lot of serial numbers and a lot of photos have been posted. I will post more as soon as I can.
View Quote
A red #33 was posted on page 3 by EarlB.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
People are getting shipping notifications and their FFLs were received after mine
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#6]
And they are turning up in the EE already.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Please remember this is not the General Discussion Form.
View Quote
Noted - my apologies , I had run out of coffee by that time ..
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got my shipping info for my evening of Sunday March 19th order. Says it should be here Friday. I will believe it when I am holding this gun in my hands.

If I had not already spent a few thousand in the last 6 months I might have tried for one of the NIB versions at the original $1890 price but that is okay. As I said before, I prefer one that spent time in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. Mine will not be sold in my lifetime. If I go before my ex-Marine BIL I will bequeath it to him and he can pass it on to one of his kids or grandkids.

On a happier note, I start two weeks of vacation next week and I forsee range time with a M45A1.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Well mine came in but I was delayed:(. Mine definitely looks like the advertised pistol aka beat to shit lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well mine came in but I was delayed:(. Mine definitely looks like the advertised pistol aka beat to shit lol
View Quote
Post pics!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't have time:( soon...
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Just picked it up from my FFL. Just the right amount of wear and the only glitch was no magazine with it. Not a big deal, as I have plenty here. I will contact them and see what they say. Night sights still work great. The letter came in a separate manila folder and is in perfect condition. I am going to the range next week.

This 1911 just walked up to the rest of my collection and said, "There's a new sheriff in town, boys." Going to have to drop an email with pics to my BIL who just left the Marines earlier this year after 26 years and the rank of Colonel. He spent some time in Iraq and Afghanistan during the time period when this pistol was over there.

Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got some choice words for anyone who neckbearded these up and now is turning them directly over on gunbroker for excessive amounts of $.
Message me if you'd like to hear them ...
Aside from the negative feelings I have for you , my hopes are that you can't sell them for what you want and have to sit on them at those prices.

View Quote
Good gawd, dudenal, that was  way harsh, although surprisingly coherent.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I believe the USMC being 'laser X' will actually help the value/status of these pistols.
View Quote
Correct. It is how the genuine mil-issue ones sold by Colt will be identified by future collectors.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone here joined the USMC M45A1 Facebook page?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Has anyone here joined the USMC M45A1 Facebook page?
View Quote
If you are talking about the Decommissioned M45A1 pistol owners group, I am actually an admin there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Still waiting for shipping info after almost 3 weeks!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ordered on the 19th, received on the 6th, but it was worth it.

Detail stripped, cleaned and lubed mine today. Not too bad, but you could tell it had not been stripped and cleaned in a while.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I picked mine up yesterday and it's pretty much perfect. Enough holster wear to safely assume it didn't sit in an arms depot but still really nice. No markings or pictures of dicks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#22]
What kind of magazine came with these, since mine is missing? I have some Chip McCormick Power Mags that I bought ten or so years back for a 1911 project and never used. I'll be using them in this one but it would be nice to know what kind is supposed to be with the M45A1.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#23]
7rd. Wilson Combat blued magazines are the issue magazines. The USMC also uses Wilson Combat 7rd and 10rd stainless.

Any 1911 magazine is supposed to work.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine is sitting hostage at my lgs until the guy who transfers them comes back for the workweek...  Hopefully will pick it up tomorrow!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:16:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I saw that they were issued with 7 of the Wilson 47CB magazines.  I don't remember which of the forums I saw that list, but I'll see if I can find it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Somewhere there is a Marine who needs to have his grease pot forcibly removed from his possession. After an hour of scrubbing and wiping, it's nice and clean.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#27]
LOL! Mine was just the opposite, no lube to be found at all.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm in your boat. I ordered on the 20th and I am just sitting here with no shipping and they will no respond to messages.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Somewhere there is a Marine who needs to have his grease pot forcibly removed from his possession. After an hour of scrubbing and wiping, it's nice and clean.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36260/20170409-185343-184315.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36260/20170409-204136-184316.JPG
View Quote
Was it impeading function? Maybe the grease was there to help mitigate a salt water environment it was used in.

I would probably do the same.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Was it impeading function? Maybe the grease was there to help mitigate a salt water environment it was used in.

View Quote
It was quite gritty from all the grease and dirt. When I pulled the extractor out of the slide I couldn't even see the metal underneath all the grease and gunk.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It was quite gritty from all the grease and dirt. When I pulled the extractor out of the slide I couldn't even see the metal underneath all the grease and gunk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm, that's weird. Generally guns in the Marines were generally stored dry.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#33]
More up from original seller on gunbroker.  Priced a little higher.  Now up to 2995.00, one per gold member buyer, no previous buyers allowed.  Selling smaller batches, price seems to be increasing with each lot.  Started around 2695 or so earlier today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
More up from original seller on gunbroker.  Priced a little higher.  Now up to 2995.00, one per gold member buyer, no previous buyers allowed.  Selling smaller batches, price seems to be increasing with each lot.  Started around 2695 or so earlier today.
View Quote
Thats more than a little higher from the $2000 last week, but in the long run it's probably a good investment.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#35]
As pleased as I am with my issued example, if they had posted the unissued again at the original price of $1890 I would have bought two. I just can't make myself spend 3K for one when I have a great shooter that is already worth twice what I paid. These will disappear quickly again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:01:40 AM EDT
[#36]
It's funny, they have limited resellers buying them with the price alone but then decide to make sure and finally limit them to one per person.

Hey seller, how about less posting up new batches for ever escalating prices and more shipping of ones you have already sold and received payment on?

Just a thought
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The FB Group is slow on the activations......
View Quote
A person who wants to join the FB owners group has to provide proof of pistol purchase directly to one of the group admins. We have received a bunch of join requests but nothing from the prospective members. My name is Brent Sauer on FB. If you send me your proof of purchase, I will add you to the group.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Awesome looking pistols everyone!  I have one the civilian M45A1s and I love it to death.  I was out of town with no computer when these first went on gunbroker or I would have snagged one!  They are to much for me now, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#39]
mine just now shipped.

I will include photos when I can
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36260/20170409-185343-184315.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/36260/20170409-204136-184316.JPG
View Quote
Would love to have you join our private FB group for owners of these decommissioned pistols. I am compiling a photo history and building a tracker for existing serial numbers. Would it be possible to get additional photos of your pistol an/or the serial number?

Thank you,

Brent Sauer
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Finally got the shipping notice on mine today.

Hopefully they didn't send me the worst one they had after I pestered them about where it was.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I was feeling kind of bad about mine but what the heck happened to the front strap on yours?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was feeling kind of bad about mine but what the heck happened to the front strap on yours?
View Quote
Scotch tape and some kind of adhesive. I imagine from a talon or something like it
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Scotch tape and some kind of adhesive. I imagine from a talon or something like it
View Quote
I have photos in the owners group that shows grip tape in that same location on the front strap of other purchased pistols. So, it is a fairly accurate guess that the 'adhesive' spot on your pistol is where there was grip tape previously.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Well here are pics of mine.

I do think they sent me one of the worst ones since I kept bugging them.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Cool serial number though
Attachment Attached File

Anybody know the story on the blue paint?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#47]
That's an outstanding SN.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#48]
No rack numbers, stripes or tape.  I'm happy.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have 2166 with a white 2 on both grip panels and
2167 is white 3
2168 is white 4
all on the face book page.  Kind of cool I thought also

I was going to post pictures but can't get logged into PhotoBucket  AGAIN!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I have 2166 with a white 2 on both grip panels and
2167 is white 3
2168 is white 4
all on the face book page.  Kind of cool I thought also

I was going to post pictures but can't get logged into PhotoBucket  AGAIN!
View Quote
I'm the sorry guy who is putting together the master list that you see posted there. It is getting extremely hard to get caught up because so many pistols are hitting owners hands right now.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top