Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 11:02:48 PM EDT
I know...I know. Get both! And I eventually will but right now I'm trying to decide on what to get 1st with this year's return. STI Costa Carry Comp or Nighthawk Custom Warhawk with flat trigger and ambiti safety. This will be my 1st high end 1911. I have multiple Glocks and an HK P7. I hear the STI is one of the flattest shooting guns while there is something about the attention to detail with a NH coupled with the fact I don't yet have a .45. What says the hive?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the Carry Comp compensated? If so, then skip it. One should never carry a compensated gun.

I like Nighthawks, but *I* am not yet convinced they're worth the extra coin. Perhaps after I shoot one instead of just finger banging them?

Is there a reason an Ed Brown 1911 isn't in the running? I'm finding their guns are often understated & thus more elegant to those of us whom don't like billboards on the side of their 1911s.

I would urge a look at the Ed Brown Kobra Carry LW. Commander sized, night sights, bobtailed mainspring housing & alloy frame. What's not to love?  

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
"I thought Chris Costa spent more money on Glocks than Matt Best did on fake tits last year."    -- Matt Best

There's a reason .45 comps aren't popular, not enough pressure to work a comp.  I'd stay away from the Costa Comp too.

Nighthawk is $3,$$$+++!  Like Wilson priced.  They the Wilson defectors?  The Warhawk is a lot of gun.  The Ed Brown is a good choice.  I handled a Special Forces Light Rail a few years back and I was buying it; then a Les Baer crossed my path for half the price.  I never looked back.  I'm sold on Baer's pistols.  I say give them a look.

If this will be your only 1911 - Go for the Warhawk.  If you think, "One is none, two is one and three is a good idea." -- Clint Smith.  This won't be your last 1911.  I'd say look at Brown and Baer.  They offer excellent guns.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with the Warhawk IMO is putting out the best Semi customs on the market right now Followed by Guncrafter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, the STI wins the debate here, of all the pistols mentioned NONE can hold the
level of firepower the STI can and NONE can be loaded to Major Power Factor safely.

Granted it is quite a pricey pistol but it is a custom level pistol in many respects, if you
want unique looks and functionality with the ability to use for competition then the choice
is clear IMHO.

That is not to say that Ed Brown or Nighthawk don't make a great pistol, they certainly
do, but the reassurance of having double the firepower should one ever need it is  a
welcomed option...

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top