Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2013 5:07:21 PM EDT
Just picked up my 1911 Remington Talo Edition, Can twait to shoot it and see how it feels.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you add the grips and commander hammer? If not I haven't seen those features on the talo R1s.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 3:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you add the grips and commander hammer? If not I haven't seen those features on the talo R1s.

Yes the hammer, trigger, grips, guide rod, beaver tail, match bushing, rear sight, and sear were added .
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes the hammer, trigger, grips, guide rod, beaver tail, match bushing, rear sight, and sear were added .

Nice gun that "was" a TALO gun.  Why spend money on a Semi custom gun then modify when you could have just sarted stock and saved some money?
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice gun that "was" a TALO gun.  Why spend money on a Semi custom gun then modify when you could have just sarted stock and saved some money?

Talo editions are not custom shop guns they are just built to talo spec features but no extra hand fitting or tuning is done. like my colt ccg its a production gun built to talos requested features.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talo editions are not custom shop guns they are just built to talo spec features but no extra hand fitting or tuning is done. like my colt ccg its a production gun built to talos requested features.

Yup this. ^   besides I picked it up for a super deal and had these parts laying around so figured I'd put them to use.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#6]
built to TALO specs would be a semi custom "factory" gun

but looks like you changed most of those parts anyway

Link Posted: 4/3/2013 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well when I got it there was just a regular old school grip safety, standerd spur hammer, and standered trigger. so what I added on was a good upgrade. the sear looked like it ws a MiM part with the forging lines and was gritty. the only thing I really could have kept was the bushing..
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

all I meant was all the things talo guns offer are mostly cosmetic and no fine tuning is done so its just a regular production line gun.I like my ccg colt and talo editions so dont get me wrong I am not bad talking them but some think they are hand fitted and extra work goes into them when in fact theres not.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]
That is one of the most ugly and ill fitting beavertail grip safety installations I've ever laid eyes on, not to mention the trigger which looks to be overlong.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is one of the most ugly and ill fitting beavertail grip safety installations I've ever laid eyes on, not to mention the trigger which looks to be overlong.

Well thanks for your opinion, glad it doesn't matter Its a beaver tail that doesn't require the radius to be installed, because I didn't want to modify it. And the trigger is adjusted so theres no creep and resets properly. so it is where its suppose to be. Thanks for being rude, I guess some people just have to open there mouths....
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If the rest of the work was done by the same gunsmith he should hold off on firing it and ask for his old parts back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the rest of the work was done by the same gunsmith he should hold off on firing it and ask for his old parts back.

I did the work its my first 1911 I have ever owned or worked on, Thanks for the confidence booster...........
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the work its my first 1911 I have ever owned or worked on, Thanks for the confidence booster...........

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. All of those parts with the exception of the guide rod and grips are generally parts that need to be fit. just because they will go together doesn't mean they "fit." The sear/hammer/trigger can lead to unsafe conditions if not done properly.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. All of those parts with the exception of the guide rod and grips are generally parts that need to be fit. just because they will go together doesn't mean they "fit." The sear/hammer/trigger can lead to unsafe conditions if not done properly.

lol not offended at all, Just giving ya crap.. By all means yall feel free to tell me where I went wrong and how to correct things and I will do it. Its a learning curve I understand and the price I got this for I am willing to learn on. The only thing I cant do is the .25 radius for the proper beaver tail, hince why I have a drop in one without having to be rounded....the sear and hammer are from Wilson Combat came in a set that said drop in fit so I assumed it was pull out old and drop in new. I did a function text on it and it was good and then did a hammer test like one would to on a revolver to ensure it doesn't drop when pressure is applied and it passed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol not offended at all, Just giving ya crap.. By all means yall feel free to tell me where I went wrong and how to correct things and I will do it. Its a learning curve I understand and the price I got this for I am willing to learn on. The only thing I cant do is the .25 radius for the proper beaver tail, hince why I have a drop in one without having to be rounded....the sear and hammer are from Wilson Combat came in a set that said drop in fit so I assumed it was pull out old and drop in new. I did a function text on it and it was good and then did a hammer test like one would to on a revolver to ensure it doesn't drop when pressure is applied and it passed.

You are probably pretty safe with a matched set. The trigger overtravel should be checked and adjusted and the thumb safety sear engagement also checked out. There is a lot of info out there on how to do that especially on the 1911forum.

If the bushing dropped in you may not get a benefit over the stock bushing. The idea of the match busing is there is virtually no play between the bushing and the slide and the bushing and the barrel.

You can also get a jig from brownells to fit a beavertail with the correct radius.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are probably pretty safe with a matched set. The trigger overtravel should be checked and adjusted and the thumb safety sear engagement also checked out. There is a lot of info out there on how to do that especially on the 1911forum.

If the bushing dropped in you may not get a benefit over the stock bushing. The idea of the match busing is there is virtually no play between the bushing and the slide and the bushing and the barrel.

You can also get a jig from brownells to fit a beavertail with the correct radius.

Bushing did not drop in, that one I did have a gunsmith do, its nice and tight but yet still functions...
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well thanks for your opinion, glad it doesn't matter Its a beaver tail that doesn't require the radius to be installed, because I didn't want to modify it. And the trigger is adjusted so theres no creep and resets properly. so it is where its suppose to be. Thanks for being rude, I guess some people just have to open there mouths....

I'm not being rude, just giving my opinion that you solicited by the posting of this thread with pictures of your gun in it- presumably for people to see and comment on. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it looks like the kind of clusterfuck 1911 that you walk away from at the gun show because you can see it was jacked with by some amateur home gunsmith.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not being rude, just giving my opinion that you solicited by the posting of this thread with pictures of your gun in it- presumably for people to see and comment on. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it looks like the kind of clusterfuck 1911 that you walk away from at the gun show because you can see it was jacked with by some amateur home gunsmith.

Every gun smith gets there start somewhere, this is mine. Sorry if its not up to your standerd, Maybe you could show me some of your custom 1911 pistols you did so I can see what a real one is to look like, and avoid comments by people who are a better smith than I on the 1911 platform?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top