Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2010 6:16:39 PM EDT
I purchased this 1911 Springfield Lightweight Champion off another forum.

I have never owned a Champion or Bobtail , I can tell you they are a pain to take apart and even harder when you don't have the factory take down tool.

The dual spring is something different I have never had before. Is there a way to have a single spring or the factory dual spring is the way to go?

How often do you replace the recoil spring setup?

Not sure I like the straight trigger, another first for me and some serious range time I will know more.

Listed is work the previous had done by Drake's Gun Works. Not a gunsmith I know but after taking the pistol apart and doing a detail cleaning looks like quality work.

-Frame anodized -Slide treated with melonite (they are an exact match) -Carry bevel the pistol for smooth surfaces -Install Dave Berryhill ignition set (Hammer, sear, disconnector) -Install 10-8 flat serrated trigger and tune -Cut and install Ed Brown checkered bobtail MSH -Fit Caspian ejector/extractor -Fit Wilson Combat single side tactical thumb safety -Fit Wilson Combat slide stop and flush cut pin -Replace all pins with Wilson Combat pin set -Custom DGW sights with a tritium front sight -Wolff recoil spring cut for this gun (includes extra) -Fit Wilson Combat plunger tube -Properly fit existing grip safety -VZ thin G-10 grips with hex screws/bushings

And no the idot mark is not from me, lol. Had 1911s for years.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:45:13 PM EDT
Looks good to me. Enjoy it.
Top Top