Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 6:16:39 PM EDT
I purchased this 1911 Springfield Lightweight Champion off another forum.

I have never owned a Champion or Bobtail , I can tell you they are a pain to take apart and even harder when you don't have the factory take down tool.

The dual spring is something different I have never had before. Is there a way to have a single spring or the factory dual spring is the way to go?

How often do you replace the recoil spring setup?

Not sure I like the straight trigger, another first for me and some serious range time I will know more.

Listed is work the previous had done by Drake's Gun Works. Not a gunsmith I know but after taking the pistol apart and doing a detail cleaning looks like quality work.

-Frame anodized -Slide treated with melonite (they are an exact match) -Carry bevel the pistol for smooth surfaces -Install Dave Berryhill ignition set (Hammer, sear, disconnector) -Install 10-8 flat serrated trigger and tune -Cut and install Ed Brown checkered bobtail MSH -Fit Caspian ejector/extractor -Fit Wilson Combat single side tactical thumb safety -Fit Wilson Combat slide stop and flush cut pin -Replace all pins with Wilson Combat pin set -Custom DGW sights with a tritium front sight -Wolff recoil spring cut for this gun (includes extra) -Fit Wilson Combat plunger tube -Properly fit existing grip safety -VZ thin G-10 grips with hex screws/bushings

And no the idot mark is not from me, lol. Had 1911s for years.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me. Enjoy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top