Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2002 2:42:18 PM EDT
Sorry, I don't have a link.
I knew there was a reason I don't subscribe to that magazine!  They said the safety fell off in the first 100 rounds! WHAT??  Well, at least maybe the price will come down, and we can snatch up all the good deals.  O.K. maybe I do like "gun tests".
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun Tests is pretty good most of the time, but don't let that "no advertising" rule fool you. I've read an obvious bias in some of their reviews and just shook my head in disbelief. Let's just say their priorities on what makes a good buy are different than mine. I'll keep my eyes open on the Bulgie Mak prices, and post back here if I find a good deal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Figures Gun Tests gets the one that some poor Bulgarian armorer with a hangover reassembled? Not that its not true, just the first I ever heard of anything  about Maks falling apart, of any origin. I get Gun Tests magazine, respect their opinions but dont always agree on their general findings.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as I know, every Mak in the world has a safety that will "fall off" .  I own 8 Maks (and until recently a few PA 63s),  and the safeties all come out of the slide the same way.  It is freaky the first time it happens, but it is due to improper stripping procedures.  I have never had one "fall off"  while firing.  I don't know much about Maks, but I have had the saftey come off when field stripping.

Jarhead94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top