Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2016 5:35:17 PM EDT
So my wifes much loved type 59 is starting to get light strikes. After a detail strip I have found nothing dirty (FP moved freely in bore before strip, and not much dirt was cleaned from the bore). Only other thing I can think of as a cause would be the leaf spring. Anyone know of a source for them, I have searched to no avail, and local gunsmiths want way too much money to make/modify one for me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Numrich (Gun Parts Corp) is showing them in stock for $15.40.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 3:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang I looked there, I guess Ill look again.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Apex.  $12

Roberts RTG.   $12 used

Roberts RTG. $14 new

That is just the first 2 places I looked for a Makarov Main Spring or Hammer Spring.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Only question I have is will a standard Makarov spring work in the Type 59? There are tons of similarities and the type 59 is traditionally thought of as a Makarov pistol, but there are tons of differences too...
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The only differences between a Russian PM and a Chinese 59 that I have ever seen is some of the rear sights.

I have seen 59's that were beautifully machined and finished and some that were very rough and crude. The crude ones had tiny adjustable rear sights that i am not sure if the slide cuts are the same as other Maks. I have only taken 2 apart and they both were standard Makarov design.

Other things to check are the hammer face for excessive wear and the firing pin for proper protrusion.

If need be I can pull a spring out of a Russian or Bulgarian and measure it to compare to yours.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
If you coulold measure up a standard PM spring for me that would be awesome. As far as design, the type 59 is bigger and heavier than a standard Mak (like comparing a PP with a PP/K), hence my concern.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is a Russian spring.

5/8ths" wide.

This is with the middle pushed down touching so pretty much flat. 4"

Resting by itself 3&13/16ths.

If you need any others let me know.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet thanks dude!
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top