Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2015 5:49:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got one of these. It's a stone cold bitch to install (getting the mag release lever into the actual mag release on the gun, then getting the grip over the gun itself took a miracle), but once it's on it's awesome. I noticed that the screw that attaches the grip to the gun might be a tad long, because if I snug it up the mags don't release as easily. Turning it back a half turn or so loosened them back up.

The mag release digs into the thumb of my trigger hand a little, but I'll wait until I shoot it to see if that is an issue or not. Overall, I'm impressed with it so far.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
That is seriously cool. I'd love to see a review of it after you shoot with it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Let us know how it works, seems like it could make the Mak a little more user friendly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi everyone, sorry it took so long to reply.

I just wanted to say that this grip is pretty darn awesome. My initial fear of the mag release digging into my thumb turned out only to be half true. Turns out the mag release does not hurt my thumb at all, but I did accidentally depress it while shooting causing the mag to drop free mid-group. This only happened twice, and by the end of the afternoon I was able to correct my grip and keep this from happening. Once adjusted, I was able to dump another 3-4 mags without issue.

I will say that for me, and my somewhat long fingers, I find this grip extremely comfortable. I've always used large palm swells on any pistol that I've had, and this helped make the Mak a much more comfortable pistol to shoot for me.

Pics of my Mak:

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the grips limit holster selection at all?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:11:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dcoil1] [#6]
I don't believe so, as I dont think many holsters engage the surface of the Makarov any farther back than the trigger guard. The grip width isn't increased by much, so it should fit into any standard Makarov holster.

Here's a shot of the width:

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks... I have a bunch of holsters that may be compatible so I'll try what I have before buying one (PPK, LC9, CZ82, Beretta 84, etc)
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually I meant to put up a review as well as I got tired of waiting and bought a set too!

My finding are they are kind of a PITA to install, but they work awesome and make reloads infinitely faster. Also have a better grip profile and the gun feels much better in hand than the stock grips. Pick up a set if you want to make your Makarov more shooter friendly! Just don't over tighten the screw in the back, its a hair long and it you over tighten it'll make it quite difficult to insert a magazine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top