Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2017 5:12:17 PM EDT
Just wanted to share my latest acquisition.  I've always wanted a Luger to go with my C96 Mauser.  

I have one question for the group, it seems that spare magazines are $200.  Is that the case for 30 Luger Mausers?  I appreciate the help!

Any info on the holster would be appreciated.

But just for fun, here's some photos of the beauty.

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
A web search indicates Mec-Gar Luger magazines are ~$30.

CDNN has them for half that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Mec Gar makes 9mm Luger magazines.  I checked last night, they do not make 30 Luger magazines.  I was not aware that they are interchangeable.

Ok, upon further research, they use the same magazine.  Thank you very much!  I didn't know they were the same.  That saves me a great deal of money!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You would have had to have known that the 30 luger was the parent case of the 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
In case anyone is looking for magazines, this is what CDNN is selling for $15.  I don't have ammo to test them at the moment but I wanted to share with everyone.

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In case anyone is looking for magazines, this is what CDNN is selling for $15.  I don't have ammo to test them at the moment but I wanted to share with everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/9BqyCa8t.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K4MVfDft.jpg
View Quote
Are they MecGar or marked in any way?

I've had good luck with MecGar mags in my gun.  That is a good price if they are MecGar - most sources are about 2X that price.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#6]
So far the magazines the have been 100% but the springs are really strong, only been able to get 5 or 6 rounds in a magazine.

Interesting experience at the range the last two days.  The PPU ammo I purchased worked well.  The Fiocchi has had two very interesting failures.  The case was sheered in half, leaving part of the casing stuck in the chamber and trying to eject the other half.  

At first I thought it was simply a dirty chamber but I disassembled and cleaned this morning, only to have this happen again.  15 rounds of PPU withouth a problem and about 11 rounds of the Fiocchi before another case sheering.  It looks it's an ammunition problem since they were so uniformly cut in half.

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like bad brass for sure. Any of the others showing any rings in that area? Could be a head space problem.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the same case head separation with prvi partizan .357 Magnum ammo in my Colt Python many years ago. Looks like they have a problem with the  bullet sealant to me.

The little Luger screwdriver tool does double duty to load magazines; it is put on the knob of the mag and helps to push the spring down. In the Luger the magazine spring and main spring have to be balanced for the gun to work well, that's why the heavy springs in MecGar P.08 mags give generally good results.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Just thought I would share some photos of projects associated with this gun.

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I also have a Swiss Luger

Mec Gar magazines work perfectly in the gun.  These magazines are as well made as the original
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice pistol

Never had any time for Fiocchi ammo in my .455 revolvers - it always seemed to be half the thickness of any other brand
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#12]
You got that from Marylin, didn't you?

I was close to buying that gun myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top