Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2016 1:06:07 PM EDT
This was recently given to me by my father.  He had purchased it 20 years ago from an old man who posted an ad in the newspaper.  I remember it was wrapped in newspaper and covered in grease before my father cleaned it up.  I have done nothing to this but take the photo's.  The only issue I am aware of is that he said the wood on the magazine started to crack when he recently tried to remove it.  He stopped and let it be.  Any input on this is appreciated.  I know nothing about Lugers.  FYI, these are iPotato photo's in bad light.  I plan on taking more detailed photo's so tell me if there is something I should photograph and I will try to do it this weekend.  I just posted new photos I took tonight before it got too dark out. Thanks

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It appears that you have broken image links.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I know little about Lugers. But I believe you are correct. Very nice catch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It appears that you have broken image links.
View Quote

They are loading fine for me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I just posted new photos.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#5]
The holster, if original, will add a lot of value to the pistol.

I inherited an Arty Luger from my grandfather.  I've been trying to piece together the entire issue "kit" (crate, shoulder stock, snail drum, etc.); the accessories are much harder to find than the pistols themselves.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the comments.  I had a table at the gun show a few weeks ago and ended up selling it for $1800.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks for the comments.  I had a table at the gun show a few weeks ago and ended up selling it for $1800.
View Quote
WOW! Someone was a dummy! Makes me feel great about the ones I own all original with matching shoulder boards.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WOW! Someone was a dummy! Makes me feel great about the ones I own all original with matching shoulder boards.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, maybe they are worth more than you realized.  I did my homework on this and had a couple dealers give me high/low estimates.  This sold on the high side but still inline with the dealer estimates.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
What gets me is it was refinished. Granted not an over buff turd, but that usually kills the value by 50% or more. But good for you getting that much as I said I wonder what this will go for if and when I ever sell it? Stock matches the gun.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Neat Luger and snail drum P08.

Here is mine:

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Spatten, that Luger is a real beauty!  Wow!
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks.  I should take some more photos of it and start my own thread.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please do so!  I'm sure I'm not the only one here who wants to see more pics of that Luger!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top