Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:46:18 PM EDT
I am thinking of getting a 1911. I am really considering a ParaOrdnance. I like the LDA trigger. Is Para a good quality weapon?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:10:57 PM EDT
Great weapons. I have the Tac Four Model (stainless with LDA trigger). It's a tack driver. 50 yard hits on steel plates no problem with cheap Wolf ammo. The one major drawback of Para-Ordnance are their magazines. On the pricey side and the mag springs are weak. Looks like I will be needing to install some Wolff springs in a few of my mags.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:34:28 PM EDT
Para cuts corners. Some run great, some don't-this per gunsmiths and competitive shooters. I don't own one, but I have had a few malfunction.You pay your money and you take your chances.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:01:03 PM EDT
I dunno about Para cutting corners, never heard that one...

I have had 3 Para's..a P14, P13 and now a P12 that I carry. All have been 100% relaible guns and they never failed me...

My only regret is not keeping the P14 and the P13..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:12:37 PM EDT
Para casts a LOT of things that other manufactures machine. To include the slide, bushing, etc. Sometimes the pin holes are off too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:03:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Para casts a LOT of things that other manufactures machine. To include the slide, bushing, etc. Sometimes the pin holes are off too.

I don't know if that is true or not, but my experince, through thousands of rounds through 3 Para's, has been nothing but 100% positive.

I have never had a Para-Ord fail me nor ever had a pin hole off spec.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:23:42 PM EDT
Well, I don't know how recent the said "cutting corners" has taken place. The people I know that have had Para's have enjoyed owning them. One had the barrel bushing fall apart, I think as he was taking off or installing, the thing twisted off and part of the bushing was left in the slide/on barrel. But he received a replacment promptly.

I have two and love them. I don't get a chance to shoot as much as I use to though..... one of them I recently rebarreled to a 38 Super...so I'll be playing w/ that one soon/more.
Top Top