Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2001 7:01:57 AM EDT
I have a P-14 LDA and really enjoy shooting it . It is very smooth and has been very reliable .

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have Para P13s and P14s,both steel and aluminum,
I love them all
No LDAs but I am looking for the Premiers out now.
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a P14. This was the most reliable 45 I've bought. So far all it wouldn't cycle on was Remington UMC cheapy ammo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a P-12 Ltd. and a P-12 LDA. Like `em both. I wish they would make a Ltd. version  of the P-12 LDA. The SA seems to shoot a lot tighter (in terms of groups), though the LDA has the nicest DA trigger I`ve tried. I am thinking about a P-14 from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#4]
P-14 that has been all tricked out; no red dot, or comp though. I use it the first and third Sunday of every month for practical comp.Wish I had a scanner so I could show it. The only problem I have is that it is a little finicky with reloads (sometimes on a blue moon). But it has the smoothest take up of any gun in my collection. Para-Ordnance is a real piece of art. Down with the 1911 J.K.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a stainless P1445, and planning to buy a P1445 LTD this winter. Anyone else becoming a Para Magaholic like I am?  I'm up to 12 hi-caps now!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I whish I could be a para maga holic.

Damn democraps
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
What I have.. P16.40 Limited

What I would like ... a Para P7.45 SA :)
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#8]
n2299 - thinking of getting a P16-40 Limited for IPSC purposes.

Do you use yours for competition?  If not, for what??

Also, what do you like & dislike about the firearm???

Sorry for all the questions, just want to get as much feedback as possible from owners before I buy one.

Pitbull

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Pitbull

I picked up the Para with the intention of getting into IPSC with it.

However, I haven't gotten around to doing it.  I have to sort out the problem with where to put a reloading press in the house first. :)

What I like about the pistol?
It's the best value of any pistol available in Canada, especially the limited series.  It's accurate, and goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

What I don't like about it?
It came with more then a few very sharp edges.  Left quite a bit of me on the slide the first couple of weeks when I got it.

The 8# trigger pull has to go.  I haven't gotten around to getting a trigger job done on it because I am looking at picking up another 1911 at the moment - a Kimber.

Last thing I don't like about it- the wide grip.  I took the grips off and put skateboard tape on it instead.

I just realize I posted a similar reply to you in 1911forum. :)

BTW whereabout are you from?  I'm in Toronto.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Pittbull,

I'm from Belgium. I'm firearms instructor and ipsc shooter.  I own 3 Para.  A P-16, my ipsc gun. I shoot in the standard class with this pistol from about 3 years now.  -/+ 80.000 rounds of .40 trow it.  The few things a have broken on this pistol is the bomar sight, a firing pin spring, a sear spring and the bushing.  Not really bad for +/- 80.000 rounds of IPSC style shooting. (of course I also have change recoil springs on time)

Now I also have to say that I have make some modification on the pistol before he shoot (drop in beavertail, extend safety, and Caspian sear)and three "middle live upgrade".  

Around 5000 rounds I put the Bomar sight, refinish the gun with a nickel finish put a full length guide rod, a Caspian hammer and extended slide stop.

Around 30.000 rounds I put a heavy tungsten guide rod and a Wilson bushing.

Around 65.000 rounds a put a Ed brown memory groove beavertail, S&A jet funnel, a steel mag catch, a light weight trigger,titanium hammer and sear from STI, make a close fitting job, put a fiber optic front sight.

I also buy a new match barrel but had not yet the time to put it in the pistol. (and with the factory barrel five rounds groups still in the 2")I also need to remake the finishing.

Before I own the P-16 I had a SVI infinity in .40.  I sold it, to many problem with it and I don't want any thing else than my P-16 for IPSC.

I also have a P-13 limited for fun.  Shoot around 4.000 rounds with it, no problem.

And I have finally buy this week a second hand P-14.  Just to have a backup gun for my P-16, you never know...

My next para will be a P-12 Limited.

GREG.

Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I have P14, P16 and an open gun on the Para frame and compete with them all. The 45 and 40 have Ed Brown bull barrels and tungston guide rods.  I use Dawson base pads for 21 rounds in 40 and 18 in 45. For the open gun I use 170mm STI Para mags which hold 28.  My 45 is built on a early frame kit with a standard non-ramped barrel.  In my experience the unramped barrel is less finiky about bullet style comming out of Para mags. Magazines are the biggest challenge with Para guns and some need tuning, but once right the things run great.

As far as compeition goes the SV, STI are trick and have less muzzel flip when set up for IPSC but most of the time when the buzzer geos off and the shooting starts it doesn't really make much difference.  Two of the best in the sport uses Para (or Springfield which is identical) and win all the time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Pitbull
I took the grips off and put skateboard tape on it instead.

The grip is what I like about this pistol... My p14 fits and points very nicely.  I would really like wood grips, and a parked slide.

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had a steel P14 with a Colt series 80 top end for several years now.  I used it in IPSC. It took a bit of work, but the thing will run anything I put through it without a single glitch. I would use it now for carry excepting... its too wide for any decent concelment on my slim frame.
W
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#14]
P14 Wish I had the $$$ for more mags...
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#15]
And...  how many mags are enough?!?
W
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#16]
There is no such thing as "enough" mags! I'm always looking for more. Factory mags are the only reliable choice for Para's.

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Are those mags 10 rounders  I feel small...  I've only 3 15 round and 2 16 round mags[:\]
W
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Are those mags 10 rounders  I feel small...  I've only 3 15 round and 2 16 round mags[:\]
W

I now have 14 14 rounders and 3 15 rounders, counting some that are "in the mail" to me. I'm planning on buying another pistol, this time a P1445 Limited in black, so I only really have a "few" too many.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top