Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2017 3:38:27 AM EDT
Many, many years back, 1994 time frame I owned a steel frame P12, I shot it some, but cannot remember anything except the well balanced feel and the size was perfect.  

I am looking at one now, a steel frame, more than likely 15 or more years old...before I bid on this gun, can y'all give me some feedback on this model, as I do not remember and I have been away from Para so long, I forgot everything.  I am a big fan of Officers/Commander size pistols.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#1]
That of course is the commander size, or even a bit shorter frame.

On the older guns, the front sight is likely a staked one.   Even if it is dovetail, they are an unusual size dovetail.  Just something to be aware of.

Some parts may be hard to come by, but most follow 1911 design.

I have had mixed results with aftermarket mags.  Try and find para branded, Canadian made.

I own a few full size older Canadian paras, but all full size.  I did shoot a friends P12 a lot, and really liked it. As a plus, my P14 mags worked fine in it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#2]
CDNN currently has factory P-12 mags on sale for $9.99. Stock up.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
That of course is the commander size, or even a bit shorter frame.
View Quote
It's the size of the Officer's ACP, not the Commander.  The Commander is the P13.

I have a P12.  Bought it in the mid 90s.  Alloy frame.  Was my EDC until 2006.  Beavertail grip safety, Hogue grip, great gun.  Nice trigger, and accurate for such a short barrel/slide.

And then I took a handgun course in 2006 and had 6 stoppages with my carry ammo (hydrashoks).  Been a Glock guy every since.  It's been sitting, untouched, in my safe for ten years.  Won't sell it because it's my only 1911-style gun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked this P12 with alloy frame up at my local shop.  Just under $500 is what I paid. The P12 and P13 aren't real common to find- usually less than 6 of either on GunBroker at any given time.

Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Just posted about a problem with my p12 in the 1911 section. I like the size and want it to work.

Look at the Wilson recoil spring set up for these pistols. Supposed to help reliability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top