Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2015 2:34:17 AM EDT
Just picked up a para expert 1911 for $350 OTD at field and stream (I know, fuck dicks). They had a black ops I could have picked up for 600

Right now all para is 50% off

Was I good to fo?

Word on the street is the brand is being combined under the remington name. Is it true?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The people who own Remington bought Para after the founder of Para passed away from what I remeber reading awhile back.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TacCar:
The people who own Remington bought Para after the founder of Para passed away from what I remeber reading awhile back.
View Quote

The guy at field and stream said they are getting rid of the para name and manufacturing the gun now under the remington name. That's why they discounted them so much he said.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal. I picked up an expert commander for $400 a little while back. I am really pleased with it. No issues yet.

I hope to experience the same. Be safe and enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
SARCO ended up with some Para LDA frames (complete- mid sized) and a BUNCH of LDA slides..... been thinking of picking me up one....or two...
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a nice buy!  Wish I knew about that sale...  I take it Remington will be honoring the warranty if it's ever needed?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes Remington warrantied mine when the ambi safety broke.
Actually very good service.

I called & gave them the serial number, they had a replacement part to me in 3 days.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LonnieP:
Yes Remington warrantied mine when the ambi safety broke.
Actually very good service.

I called & gave them the serial number, they had a replacement part to me in 3 days.
View Quote
Your brand new Para needed warranty work already! No thank you!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top