Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 7:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 68shortwide]
So my dad has a car for sale, just a cheap blazer. he wants 2300 for it. This guy texted him asking if he would be willing to trade for a Para .45 and cash. My dad has no problem with that, though he also has no idea what kind it is. He sent me a pic of it which ill upload in a second i have to switch to the other computer when i get home. In the meantime can anyone give me a possible model? Its stainless with black trigger, controls, sights, black 1911 diamond style grips 2 seven round mags, and if it matters its in a green case, which looks like it came with it. Never heard of them, though that means I've never heard bad things. Basically I'm looking for a possible model and used value? Thanks Arfcommers.

Heres the only pic he sent. Sorry its huge.
</a>" />
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a base model, could be the "expert".  They were 400/500 NIB this winter.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Wonderfully fuzzy pic, but it does indeed look like a Para Stainless Expert.

Those can be purchased currently for around $600-700 new.  Dude better have a LOT of cash to back his play.  Don't let him snow you.  Para's are a dime a dozen, and have gone on clearance many places because the company is being absorbed by Remington.

If you want an entry-level single-stack 1911 this may be ok, but the cast metal frames are less desirable by many over forged frames other companies sell for only a little more $$.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:52:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: msmedley] [#3]
That's the Para expert. I bought mine a year ago from Sportsman's Warehouse for $550 and it also had a $100 rebate. It's been a good gun but it shot low so I had to replace the front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top