Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2015 3:49:09 PM EDT
I have looked all over and cannot find a 45 Para ramped barrel in a Commander / 4.25" length.  There was one place online that had them (can't remember which) but they required A LOT of fitting... much more than I am capable of performing.  Any suggestions here?  At first I was looking for an affordable one.  Now I'll be happy to just find one!

I did come across a few sites that had them at one time or another but they had been discontinued.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Bar-Sto Barrels will make you one. Just select Semi Fit, 45acp, Bushing Barrel, Para/Clark Ramp, and you have a decent chance it will drop in. You can also send your pistol to them to be fitted. What ever you do, don't select the Match Target fit, as it will be way over sized.

https://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=COM&cco=25
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
How about Jarvis?  I had them make me a .357 SIG for my .40 LDA years ago, completely drop in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SnaitN:
How about Jarvis?  I had them make me a .357 SIG for my .40 LDA years ago, completely drop in.
View Quote

Might I ask how your 357 Sig ran?  I would like one now, but for some reason, I can't find anyone listing it.....  Jarvis online ordering is only listing 45....
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kaliburz:

Might I ask how your 357 Sig ran?  I would like one now, but for some reason, I can't find anyone listing it.....  Jarvis online ordering is only listing 45....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kaliburz:
Originally Posted By SnaitN:

"Completely drop in" inherently involves a certain amount of luck. Also, if you order from Bar-Sto, I would recommend looking at getting one of their extended & threaded barrels so that you have the option of adding a suppressor later. You Might also be interested in a ported barrel as well, to reduce recoil, although I'd go for the threaded for suppressor option myself.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:36:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kaliburz] [#5]
Give Clark Custom a call.  I just ordered a 400 Corbon 5" barrel w/ a Clark Comp for my Para Ordance LDA single stack full sized.  And it did drop right in.  I have yet to try it since I need to pickup a heavier recoil spring and some ammo.  Slide cycles by hand nicely.  No issues, well, other then figuring HOW to get it together w/ the original OEM spring plug. (Found a YouTube vid by Clark Custom by accident...)

If you look on the net, they don't have much info.  But if you call them and talk to one of their people, they will be able to help you.  Tell them you want a drop in barrel for a Para ramp for a commander length.  I'm sure they can give you a quote and you might like what they say.  Doesn't hurt to ask, right......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top