Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2002 6:53:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2002 3:49:23 PM EDT by Grin_N_Barrett]
When we were at the ShotShow we came across a sweet hybrid design, Alchemy Arm's Spectre.
www.alchemyltd.com/index.cfm It's a combination of the best features of a Glock & 1911.

Using the show special, we've been working with them on a special model, adding Heinie(Heinie installed) SlantPro night sights, our logo and special serial numbers as well as finish. They don't show the finish on their site but we have a image on ours.
http://www.castle-arms.com/spectre/spectre-cah.jpg

Even with these upgrades we should be able to sell less than normal retail. I think normal retail is $775.00.

Our "keep" logo & Heinie's "SlantPro" will be engraved on the reverse of the slide. Ser#s will be CAH0001 to CAH 051

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:09:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:16:03 AM EDT

Using the show special, we've been working with them on a special model, adding Heinie(Heinie installed) SlantPro night sights, our logo and special serial numbers as well as finish. They don't show the finish on their site but we have a image on ours.

What do you mean by this? A LEGP possibility with the AR15.com logo, or a Castle Arms special?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:31:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:04:36 AM EDT
Looks like it could have some promise, but I have to wonder why the large beavertail on a striker fired pistol? Also, IMHO I think $775 is too much for an unproven new design. I could get a Glock for less, or a Springfield XD. At least it's available in .45 ACP. That's a plus.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 10:11:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:51:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Big_Bear:
Looks like it could have some promise, but I have to wonder why the large beavertail on a striker fired pistol?

More than likely it's there to give protection from the slide recoil.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:57:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CockedandLocked:
Also Grin, Isn't this weapon going to be one of the prizes at the BRC Competitions ?

They donated a stock 45 to be used as a prize in a "Alchemy Challenge" Free entrance, they set rules, same for all, everyone uses the pistol & same ammo. Best score wins pistol.

We have a few other mfgrs who like this idea & waiting in the wings as sponsor/vendors & we may do several of these.

Top Top