Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2002 7:05:22 PM EDT
I got to shoot about 50 rounds through the 92 fs today...this has got to be one the funnest shooting handguns I've ever shot. I could not put it down. It had the aftermarket 20 round mag in it and was a blast to handle and shoot! Oh, I already said that.

I went through his box of ammo in about 10 minutes...I'm now going to buy this gun.

I got to shoot his Glock (38)? 9mm also, 6 shots...it sucked. Does'nt compare to the 92 fs...I don't know what the big fuss is all about with the Glocks...really, I don't. But, I just love that Berreta!

I shot his Sig 228? I think...it had a kick to it, but it was nice handling gun. Nice CCW gun for sure..felt nice and was easy to cock and rock.

I'm not knocking Glock...well, yes I am. That gun sucks...it has an uneasy feel to it. Like i's tooo easy to shoot and does'nt feel solid. Whatever..to each his own. I'm sure there's a reason people like em'...I'm just not one of them.

Future 92 FS owner,
NAKED
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:53:48 PM EDT
I'm still not sure, so how did you like shooting the Beretta 92? Sorry, I couldn;t resist.

I have the M9 version. Great shooting gun. I also like my 1911 and Glocks.

So, do you have a 92FS on order, yet?

Jamie
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:28:17 AM EDT
Yepper I'm going to get one. Not gonna order it, gunshow next weekend and 3 days to wait after that. This gun will go to the range everytime out..and will be tucked nicely in my Jeep at all times. I'll use the Makarov or CZ 70 for the CCW but, that SIG was way sweeeeeeet! Is it nutz to have 5 handguns?

After all...3 AR's, 2 AK's, SKS, shotgun, Hi-point carbine seems like I'm over the top with rifles...now this. Does it ever end?

God I hope not!
NAKED
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:36:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN:
Yepper I'm going to get one. Not gonna order it, gunshow next weekend and 3 days to wait after that. This gun will go to the range everytime out..and will be tucked nicely in my Jeep at all times. I'll use the Makarov or CZ 70 for the CCW but, that SIG was way sweeeeeeet! Is it nutz to have 5 handguns?

After all...3 AR's, 2 AK's, SKS, shotgun, Hi-point carbine seems like I'm over the top with rifles...now this. Does it ever end?

NO!

God I hope not!
NAKED

Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:53:53 AM EDT
I'll have to ditto the WOW. I got one of the M9s Brer' Retta recently put out from Costa Arms. Found some good used preban USGI mags at a surplus store (and some new-in-NSN-brown-wrap prebans which will stay that way for now), and went a'shootin'. Man does it fit my big guitar-playin' hands perfect. I know some think it is to bulky - not me. I hit everything I aim at with it. Playing games with my friends in the pistol plate bay at my club, I am unstoppable! his
Happy, happy, happy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:33:31 PM EDT
I have two, one in blue and one stainless, best pistols I have, NEVER had a jam in either.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:17:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN:I went through his box of ammo in about 10 minutes...I'm now going to buy this gun.Future 92 FS owner,NAKED

Do yourself a favor after buying the 92: spend $60 & get a trigger job done on it. It smoothes up the action & makes a world of difference!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:18:01 AM EDT
You can improve the double action trigger pull 100% by replacing the hammer spring with a reduced power spring. I did mine based on the advice of a former Berretta factory firearms trainer. You can get the springs from Wolff I believe. I've also been told you can use a 1911 hammer spring but I've never tried that. You won't believe the difference.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:28:04 AM EDT
What, if any, is the difference between the 92FS and the M9, other than the military designation? Will the preban USGI mags work in the 92FS as well as the M9? If they are the same gun, the second part of my question is answered.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 12:27:10 PM EDT
They're the same gun, but if you buy the M9 you get a preban mag with it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:51:38 AM EDT
Love my 92FS!

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 2:36:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:
What, if any, is the difference between the 92FS and the M9, other than the military designation? Will the preban USGI mags work in the 92FS as well as the M9? If they are the same gun, the second part of my question is answered.

The 92FS and M9 pistols come off the same assembly lines, use all the same parts and are all given the same magnafluxing after firing the same proof loads.

There are 2 differences between the M9 and the 92FS:

- The markings.

- Before leaving the factory the pistols are tested for accuracy. The military guns must shoot 10 shots into a group of less than 8" at 50 yards. The civilian guns are tested at 25 yards, but I can't remember the accuracy requirement.

Another difference, but I'm not 100% sure of it, is the the rear sight. The 92FS gets two white dots while the M9 has a white triangle on the bottom. If you look at the rear sight you can see the indentations for the dots and the triangle, it's just which indentations are filled in with white paint.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:43:33 AM EDT
I love mine too. By the time its turn to be fired comes up, its been a year and rekindles the affair all over again. I wish I had a SS version, if I can find any "faults" at all...thats it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:31:30 AM EDT
I had bought a 92FS for my then girlfriend (now wife)as a birthday present. She fell for it after the whole Lethal Weapons movie series. I have since put a lot of lead downrange with it and like it a lot. I shot it better when I had a set of the Mec Gar adjustable sights on it. Unfortunately I dropped the pistol.....on the sight and pulverized it.

The only problem I have had with it is the barrel locking block breaking. Anyone else ever have any troubles with theirs?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:20:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:05:54 PM EDT
Yep, got a 92FS also, and of my four handguns, it's far and away my favorite. NEVER a jam in 2 years (and I shoot it pretty often) easy to break down and clean, and just feels great in the hand. I can understand your glee.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 5:37:36 AM EDT
I too have a 92FS. It's my only handgun. It has never jammed, and eats everything. Including the shitty reloads my range makes you buy.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:10:56 AM EDT
I have a 92fs blackened Inox. I love this gun.. comfortable to shoot, accurate, and 9mm is the cheapest ammo next to .22LR.

Oh yeah, I guess the M9 is o.k., but it doesn't come with the fancy grey wrapparound hogue grips mine did!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 11:40:23 AM EDT
Have owned an Italian built FS since '88 or so. Multi-thousands of rounds thru it with out a jam. Zero. Nada. Nil.

Reently put a Wolff spring kit in it. Highly recommend it. Lightened trigger pull noticibly.

The thing would feed rocks if I could force them in the magazine.

Link Posted: 3/18/2002 9:28:13 AM EDT
I love my 92FS. It is extremely accurate. I shot 299/300 with it qualifing the first time out. Any of you carry it concealed? If so, what set-up? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:37:16 AM EDT

Any of you carry it concealed? If so, what set-up?

I put wheels on it, throw a tarp over it and tow it behind my car.

Seriously, that thing is BIG. It would be my last choice for CCW.

Mine shoots OK. I can't recall ever having a malfunction. I have heard that they have a rather short service life, though... something like 20,000 rounds?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:45:33 AM EDT
Is anyone shooting the M882/Q4318 NATO 124gr ammo in theirs? I'm waiting for my 92FS to come in through the Beretta/NRA Instructors program and was planning on buying some. I hear it is a bit more stout than the 115gr (or the standard 124gr for that matter).
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:58:55 PM EDT
twr6444:

I have a 92L Type M for carry and a 92FS by the bed.

Malpaso:

I bought a few cases of Winchester M882 a while back and have been using it pretty much exclusively as my training/plinking ammo. Good accuracy and it burns cleanly. I don't notice any difference in recoil compared to the the 124gr Hydra Shoks that I keep them loaded with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:35:14 AM EDT
Wow! Rock on, there dude! Really fired up, eh?
That's great, The 92 is a solid pistol. Seems to really fit you. Good luck.
Top Top