Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 4:42:56 PM EDT
I just ordered my second 1911 last week.  New at the SHOT show was a 1911 package that includes three slide/barrel/spring assemblies for 9mm, .40 S&W, and 10mm from Dan Wesson Firearms.  Similar thier popular revolver pistol packs, a large blue hardcase holds everything in foam cutouts.

I wish I had a picture of the whole setup but its not on their website yet.  I chatted with the DW guys at the show and asked them if the 10mm is just too much for the 1911 platform based on some of the Delta Elite stories I had heard.  Bob Serva says that the Delta guns suffered from poor heat treatment and that he Gaurantees his pistols are up to the task.  

Since I got my first 1911 I have fallen in love with the design and was trying to determine what 1911 I wanted next, but this 3 in 1 does it all.  It should be in my hands in the next few weeks and I'll post pics and range reports as soon as I can.

Here is what the pistol packs look like, just squint and imagine a 1911 instead of a revolver.

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:41:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
i wounder when they'll offer the "pac" in other cals. 38super/10mm/45acp or 460 roland.
wesson arms suffers the same as savage and some others in they build a first rate product, but suffer from a second rate name. i own two .445 super mags, and a .45lc all are excellent revolvers. i am ashamed that i live about 80 miles from the wesson plant, and still haven't been there....spring time field trip!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
A 3 way 1911! I`ll have to look into that. I can`t wait to see pictures.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
fp1201:  The DW's shop doesn't really have tours, and I can't speak for them but they are a small friendly company and would prolly be more than happy if you called and told them you'd like to come down and see their stuff.  As far as other calibers go, they are working on a 1911 pack based around a .45 and I think it will be out soon.  Its kinda before my time but it seems to me that the second incarnation of DW was the one that hurt the name.  The originals were all supposed to be excellent, and the new ones have all recieved excellent reviews.    

arbob:  I shoulda grabbed some pics at the SHOT show but I'll hopefully have some for you soon.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
No problem! Just include  Miss Counterstrike in the pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top