Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 8:31:43 AM EDT
What is your opinion on these three? I am narrowing my choices for my concealed handgyun down to a Bersa .380, a Sig P230 9mm, and a Kahr K9 9mm. What is your experience with any of these? Which do you recommend?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
hi, heartless -
I replied to this when it was in calibers, but I want to keep it alive so you'll get more responses.  I thought Hannah give you a real good detailed answer and some other points to consider.  But of the 3 that you've named I still hold my opinion that the Kahr is the best choice.
Beach
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Boy, I am red-faced. The Sig P230 is .380 NOT 9mm like I said before. I was writing down particulars at the gun show and neglected to record the ACP on the Sig so assumed 9mm. You know what happens when you assume things...Sorry if I confused some of you.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Of your three choices, I'd recommend the K9 Kahr.  I used to carry a Walther PPK/s, until I saw a K9.  It's about the same size of the .380's, but it's a 9mm.  Unlike the other choices, the K9 doesn't have the complications of the DA/SA trigger/safety mechanism.  The K9 is todays classic pull-point-shoot gun.  There is no safety to fumble, no transition from the DA trigger to SA trigger, and in general, it's a much simpler gun.  Less complications...less to go wrong.

The K9 has a really great reputation for reliability, accuracy, and "user friendliness".
Most people who own them always comment that the trigger feels like a tuned S&W revolver trigger, and that it just plain feels "right".

Although Kahr seems to be having problems with the polymer "P" guns, the steel "K" guns have a great reputation.  
Mine is a stainless, and I think enough of it that I trust the safety of my family to it.  I can't give it a higher recommendation than that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Glock????? Yeck, pooey, blat, spit and sputter.

Just kiddin'
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
IS THE KAHR THE POLY FRAME OR STEEL.  I HAD A KAHR .40 AND COULD HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BRICK OUTHOUSE WITH IT.  SOLD IT AND GOT A SPRINGFIELD LOADED AND CAN SHOOT THRU THE MOON ON THE DOOR NOW.  BUT SERIOUSLY I HAVE HAD THE SAME DELIMA BETWEEN THESE AND I AM CONSIDERING THE GLOCK 26 AND BROWNING BDA.  HOPE IT HELPS
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The Kahr she asked about is the steel frame (K models).  And Kahr is still having problems with the polymer (P models).  
I've got both and will be glad when Kahr gets the bugs out of the poly's, it's my answer to a Glock.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]
The Kahr I was looking at was steel K9 and $399.00. Can't afford the $500+ for a glock right now. It is in my wish-list of future gun purchases...I like the look, dependability, and workmanship in Glocks. If I were the "bad guy" I would think twice when a Glock is pulled out. That is my opinion. Funny how people are so set on certain things-like Wordperfect people and Word people. Can't convince either to switch. They know what they like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top