Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2002 7:05:05 PM EDT
I currently have a 908 Tarus, and am thinking of getting my ccl. The 8shot cap of the tarus in not the best, so I was thinking of a Reger p95, of possibly a tarus pt99. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Any pros or cons would be great to hear..Thanks...fullclip
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:02:10 PM EDT
As always I am going to say you should buy a Glock first. If you don't like Glock then my next choice would be the Ruger out of the two you mentioned. I love my Glocks the most, and I have always been a big Ruger fan. Good luck with whatever one you choose.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:57:18 AM EDT
Rugers may not be all that refined, but seem to last forever. Taurus does have a lifetime warranty. The PT-99 has an adjustable sight so any ammo type can be zeroed in. I really dont see how you can go wrong either way. I have never had a bad one of either make. AND a independant gun testing publication states...the PT-99AFS as being the best value in 9MM self defense handguns. Both are kinda large for CCL, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:14:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2002 3:17:00 PM EDT by LARRYG]
I have a Ruger P95 and well as several Sigs and other Rugers. I have never had a hiccup with any of my Rugers or my Sigs. I can recommend the Ruger P95 wholeheartedly. I love my Sigs, but dollar for dollar I don't believe you can beat a Ruger. I recently purchased a used P91, which is the .40 version of the P89/P90 line, and Ruger said that if any parts were worn out on it, send it in and they would freshen up for no charge. The P91 was brought out when the .40 round first came out and didn't sell that well simply because the round wasn't widely accepted yet and Ruger dropped it. I think that was a mistake on their part, but the do have the P94 in .40 now. I bought it to go with my P89 and P90 and my P95 goes with my P97. I wish they would come out with a polymer frame .40 to match the P95 and P97. Anyway, the only part that showed any wear was the guide rod, so one is on the way to me. Some parts they will send you, some you have to send the pistol in. They don't have a stated warranty, but they back up their product forever. When I first got my P95, the collar that goes on the muzzle end that holds the spring in place broke off. The second one also broke off. I called them and asked them if that is what I could expect. They said they had gotten a lot of complaints and discovered the problem, redesigned the collar and ever since then, no problem on the third guide rod with the redesigned collar. If you get the P95 and it has that problem, call them at 928-778-6555 and tell them. They will ship you one with no charge, not even shipping. Good folks.
Top Top