Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 4:06:50 PM EDT
Ok time to contribute. Coming here every day is great, yet its my turn.

Last Friday night I get a call to get home now. After getting the oversized Rescue Truck backed in, I get the whole storie.

My wife is shaking telling me that she heared a loud boom and then our 4 yo daughter comes running out of her room frantic and saying something about fire. She then pushed my wife to the door and then began yelling at the neighboors telling them "they better not shoot our house or my daddy will kick your butt". So after a while I leave the wife w/ the AR cocked and locked.

Last night while I was in the bathroom, I hear a car come down the drive. Then my daughter starts yelling and running into the living room with the fear of God in her eyes yelling the "fire is back!". So I grab the 1911 and befor I know it the slide is racked and I'm leaning out the front door (w/ 1911 at my side) while tring to push my daughter back and telling her to get on the couch. Lo and behold it was my wife pulling in.

When the neighbors came in the other day their headlights shined in her window. Evedintly this reminded her of what followed...the loud Boom.

Ok, Im done....this is my longest post to date.

R35
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever find out what it was? Police report? Anyone else around hear it? Kids with fireworks? Sounds like you should find a way to reassure your daughter...somehow.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The neighbors freinds (that where waiting for her to get home) said their car backfired. OTOH my daughter knows what a gunshot sounds like, yet she is only 4. I wish I was here. I would have found out. Nothing to report so no need to call police.

R35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top