User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 7:52:30 AM EDT
WILSON COMBAT KZ-45 Good or Bad?

Thanks for your help
Nate
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#1]
When Wilson first released the KZ-45 a couple years ago they had some issues with their 10 rndr mag. Since then those mag issues are history.

I own a CQB and as far as I have seen, told and handled the KZ it is a top notch choice. Groups on the CQBs run around 1/2" to 1" at best the KZ owners report above 1/2" to 1.5" and have nothing but praise for the KZ.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Wilson makes a great product.

If by chance you encounter some problems Wilson Customer Service is among the best in the industry.

You will only be out postage, if that.

My CQB is the finest handgun I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both the full size and the compact version of the KZ-45. These two have been functionally reliable for over a combined 5000+ rounds. I have not attempted shooting for absolute accuracy (groups) beyond checking the sight regulation. Did get a hand held five shot group at 50 yards of about 4.5" with handloads. That's better than my middle aged eyes can see so I have no complaints.
I very much like the light weight combined with the shootability of 1911s. The Compact is my everyday carry gun.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Wilson may make a good gun,

But I will never trust a single thing they say.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wilson may make a good gun,

But I will never trust a single thing they say.

I'll bite, WHY?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#6]
They lied to me.

They said the sent stuff, then didn't. Then said UPS must have lost it, but when I asked for a UPS number they said they hadn't sent it. Plus they lied about the original ship date, I can understand being a week late, but six months?

It is a long story, and I have documentation if you would like to hear the whole sorted tale e-mail me.

But I sold the gun because I was so disgusted by the whole thing, and I will never buy anything they produce. I recomend everyone do the same. If they listen fine, if they buy from them that is fine also. I just try to give people the whole story rather than simply stating that Wilson can do no wrong.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Here we go again.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
But the KZ is a nice pistol and goes bang all the time???
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here we go again.

Yep.............aye....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top