Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 7:49:52 PM EDT
I haven't found any forums that even mention this Russian target pistol, let alone one that caters to it... I am considering one for plinking at the indoor range this winter, does anyone have any experience with them? What are your thoughts?
http://www.eaacorp.com/firearms/rifles/targetrifles/izh35/images/izh35.jpg

www.eaacorp.com/firearms/rifles/targetrifles/izh35/index.shtml

Thanks,
DC Ross
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one for a while back when I tried bullseye competition.

They are good pistols in my opinion and the one I had was the most accurate handgun I ever owned. It would shoot groups at 50 yards on the bench that some rifle shooters would be proud of.

It was reliable with good ammo and cycled subsonic target ammo.

The trigger is completly adjustable for weight, overtravel,lengh of pull and sear engagement. You can adjust the trigger too light where it is hard to control.

I found I done better with about a 2lb pull.

The grips are oversize and are designed to be worked down to fit your hand. It is no problem with a Dremal tool and sandpaper.

These pistols lack a really fine finish except where is counts on the trigger group parts and bore. The finish looks "cheap" to some but serious competiters could care less how it looks.

The only gripe I had was the screws on the barrel shroud tend to loosen up over time. One can replace them with allen screws that are easier to tighten and that solves that problem.

These are quality pistols and if you are into serious bullseye competition they will work for you. They are not much good for plinking with their 5 round mags but if you need a serious target pistol and can't spend a fortune they will work.

After a while I found out that I did not have what it takes to do well in bullseye. Shooting at a two inch ten ring at 50 yards with a one hand grip is the hardest thing I have ever done. The pistol is capable of much better than X ring groups at 50 yards but it takes a hell of a man to hold it standing with one hand.

I just did not have the time to practice enough because I already shoot three position and Dewar smallbore rifle competition and highpower.

I sold my IZH-35 and I do miss it. I may have another one someday.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Good info, thanks!
I'm not sure if I'm up for serious competition, but I really like the precision aspect of the sport.
The one I was looking at buying comes with scope rings, and I really don't know a thing about scopes. Do you know of a decent (cheap) one that would work well?

Thanks again,
DC Ross
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know much about handgun scopes.

A lot of bullseye shooters use a red dot scope.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Would you happen to know what style base it has?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Standard Weaver rings fit the base.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I currently shoot a Walther KSP 200 in bullseye.  Same basic pistol, with some minor cosmetic differences, ie diff grip, no scope base, etc.  I bought it used from a guy who had a scope base mounted on it.  I have a leupold Gilmore red dot scope on mine....makes a big difference!!  Im shooting in the 260's for NRA 50' bullseye, and this thing is very accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top