Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 1:58:35 AM EDT
I'm going on several week long river trips this spring and will want to take a handgun. The gun will get wet, maybe every day. I'm looking for light weight reasonable power and water resistant. Any suggestions?? I own a model 60 S&W in stainless but it has blued parts. I also own a Glock in 357 Sig which seems pretty rugged. Are there better choices? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the thread "fouled bore pic". There is your answer. There is no need for you to run out and buy a new gun...unless you really want to.

Damian
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a great opportunity to buy another gun. Leastwise, works for me. I'd suggest getting an older, blued Smith, preferably one of the Brazilian Contract 1917s in 45acp. Afterall, these have already spent 50+ years in the Amazon forests, should stand up to whatever your going to do.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not just stick your current gun in a sturdy quart sized baggie? Keeps it dry while on the water and you can shoot right thru the baggie if you must drop that gator from the boat.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I do a lot of canoeing and fishing. My "water" gun is a Rossi 44spcl in S/S. It didn't cost that much and has been totaly submerged in the past. A little drying off and a little wipe down is all it gets before returning to the safe.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I would bring the glock. You could even install the marintine spring cups on your striker if you needed to defend yourself underwater from a vicious catfish.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Light, weather resistent, water, reasonable power ----------- 357 mag or a 44 mag. load it with specials  in SS   Smith and Wesson is my choice, they have so many models it is a personal preference type of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top