Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/26/2003 10:39:10 AM EDT
First off who has this?
Do you think its a great piece for around $1000 bucks?
I like it alot and am definatly going to get it ..i just want to hear all the good things about it to build up the anticapation..
Im getting it for unique reasons since it is a special edition i wonder if its value will likely hold ?
those who have this gun have you shot it? does all the finish hold up ?..what i mean is do you notice much wear on it from use?
those who have it how many rds do you have through it?

just thought id make conversation on this gun to see what pops up....
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:53:42 PM EDT
Kimber cranks out "special edition" guns by the boatload. I certainly wouldn't buy it for any potential collector's value. Sorry, but it's probably just another POS Kimber.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:08:09 PM EDT
I have only handled one so here’s my limited $0.02....... I don’t like ‘em. The gun is simply too small (so small it has no radial locking lugs) and the lack of real sights bothers me to no end. By no means would I ever want to rely on one as a daily carry gun. IMO, for as wimpy as handguns are if I’m going to carry and potentially fight with one I want it to be really big and have a good set of useable sights. Seems to me this gun is a big contradiction.... Kimber is marketing it as some great little carry gun that one can easily carry and have with then at all times and I’m sure people are going to eat it up. The only problem is the more I know about carry guns the less I want to carry a small one and that goes double for a small one with NO sights. This gun might make a good back up gun, but $1000..... ouch!!!

I’d either save my money for something else, find a LNIB Series 1 Kimber, or if you must have a new gun buy a TLE. As far as collector value..... like the 1911Shootist said with the way Kimber spits out “custom shop” guns I wouldn’t count on it.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:42:27 PM EDT
humm interesting... i didn't think there would be that much negative thoughts about it...i could see bad thoghts on the sights though but i think its a new thing that will catch on...
heck ive been lurking on glocktalk a while now and many people have complaned about the front sight falling off during normal use. sure seems better on that note u know....i do own a G27 and have not had problems with it at all with about 700 down range i love the gun absolutly no complaints yet....mabye i should just get a .45 glock and throw on some bad ass sights ...

more rcp II questions
i would like someone who owns one to post somthing about it ....
does anyone know how many they made?
or mabye know of a place i can get that info?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/26/2003 6:08:35 PM EDT by AJohnston]

Originally Posted By SpentShellz:
humm interesting... i didn't think there would be that much negative thoughts about it...i could see bad thoghts on the sights though but i think its a new thing that will catch on...

Ever tried placing precision shots without sights? How ’bout with your eyes closed? In the middle of a gunfight ones sights, like ones vision, are pretty important. Many often opine that sights are not the most important thing in a gunfight.... saying that one will be so close to the threat that using ones sights will either be impractical or too slow. I like to think of it a bit differently.... if I’m that close I’d better use my sights ‘cause I don’t want to miss. The same goes for the RCP II.... No matter how good I may be at point shooting the lack of sights sure could hinder my ability to hit what I’m aiming at. A gutter-snipe sighting system, like that on the RCP II, is nothing new and if it ever catches on I guess I’ll just have to go against the grain.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:33:05 AM EDT
I have the RCP. It has replaced my TLE as my most frequent carry gun. After several months of carry, the finish is holding up well. I have put over 1000 rounds through it so far without a single problem. The first 300 rounds were shot in a single range session getting used to sighting along the groove. It’s really not very hard. After shooting up a couple mags, it was no problem keeping all the shots in the 10 ring at 7 yards. The hits spread out to the 9 and 8 rings at 15 yards. This is a 26 ounce .45 so recoil is a strong but manageable. The blending and melting they did for this gun is amazing. Everything is rounded, shortened or abbreviated. When it’s practical for me, I still carry the TLE. I am very confident however, that the RCP will serve me well if I ever need it. What’s more is it can go with me just about anywhere. Is it worth $1000? To me it is.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:57:06 AM EDT
thanks QuinlinV
Top Top