Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 3:28:43 PM EDT
While we 1911 fans have losers like Delta and Force Recon to brag about....Glockers have this:

Iraqi police officers practice target shooting in Baghdad, Monday Nov. 17, 2003, with training by the US Army. Faced with a deteriorating security situation, the U.S.-led coalition has bowed to demands from Iraqi politicians and agreed to speed the transfer of power. (AP Photo/Karim Kadim)

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Whoa!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#5]
9MMs? Those will do well against an RPG!
If the second guy didn't shave his sideburns, he'd look like the first guy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
9MMs? Those will do well against an RPG!
If the second guy didn't shave his sideburns, he'd look like the first guy.

You know, if I was arming people that could potentially turn on me...I think I would hand them a 9mm.  Enough gun for them to work for me, not enough gun for them to work against me.  

Doesn't penetate body armor, and you can tell they are teaching them to shoot center mass.  

Not two to the body, one to the head, I hope.

TRG

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
[Homer Simpson]Mmmmmm, 9mm Glocks[/Homer Simpson]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Much like their AK rifles the Glock WILL work in bad conditions with little maintainance.

It is a very good choice for these people IF we wish for them to have pistols that work.

If not we can give them M9s and 1911s.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Glocks are good for units like police and support units in the military that train little and practice little. Only the first one in the top picture looks like a US cop, hopefully Krispi Kreme will get the second Iraqi police contract.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Im betting its either a G22 or G17.

I Say Glocks are the best choice for these people. In a sandy hot climate Glocks work very well.

Also, these people arent the marksmen we are so a 8 shot 1911 would not be practical.

I would also think that we are paying the bill. The Glocks have less parts so that means cheaper for us to fix/replace.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
They use Glocks so they can pass through metal detectors without detection. At least that's what the democrats are telling us...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#12]
My best friend's uncle's sister's dog trainer has a friend of a friend in the Great Sandbox, he says the iraqi police turn their pistols in at the armory when the mag runs out.  Perfect Glock Customers.  Here's to hopin they got the ones with the crap frame rails.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#13]
i can't wait to see pics of the first KB's from iraq
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Reminds me of the last CCW class that I watched.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Cornbread at it again and spreading the untruths...

On an unrelated note:

Notice in the picture how every single Iraqi police officer has his finger off the trigger. Sadly they are displaying better weapons handling skills than a lot of US police officers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Shoulda kept the grocks, and given the Iraqis the M9.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Carefull now.

If one states facts such as the known reliability of a Glock we can be accused of "spreading the untruths"
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#18]
No, spreading a bunch of carp about the M9 or the M1911 will get you accused of spreading manure...
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#19]
From looking at the first picture one can see about 15 ignorant ragheads with the combined IQ of less than that of an idiot.

Apparently they are not having any problems with their Glocks but there are a few "educated experts" on this board that can't seen to make one work for them.

Perhaps they should travel to Iraq and take some lessons from these ignorant camel jockeys.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Apparently they are not having any problems with their Glocks but there are a few "educated experts" on this board that can't seen to make one work for them.

Hey, they work for me, crappy trigger and all, as long as the frame rails hold up. You see, in PRNJ, we need a separate permit on every pistol.  The process is a pain in the ass, and can take upwards of 3 months depending on one's local PD.  You bust a rail on a Glock, you return it to the Den of Iniquity where it stays for a month or so, they throw you a new frame with a new serial #, and you get the fun of going back through the permit process a second time for the same shitty pistol.  I've seen it happen to a G-17 (Oh yes, Gaston, the indestructable he-pistol seventeen!), and I don't care to explore the finer emotional, economic, and tactical considerations inherent in the process.  You want a Eurotrash pistol, go Czech.  Accurate, cheap, well made, comfortable, and about half the price of a Glock.

+.02
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
From looking at the first picture one can see about 15 ignorant ragheads with the combined IQ of less than that of an idiot.

Why do you have to call them "ragheads"? Also, there are educated people in 3rd world countries.

Why dont you sell one of your guns and buy yourself a book to read, or maybe just maybe not let your true trashy self shine through

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Why do you have to call them "ragheads"? Also, there are educated people in 3rd world countries.

Why dont you sell one of your guns and buy yourself a book to read, or maybe just maybe not let your true trashy self shine through

Education has nothing to do with intelligence or having common sense. That is plain to see from all the stupid bullshit written and spoken by "educated" people.

I have read as much as any of you but just not much liberal bullshit.

Perhaps you should join Sean Penn and some of the "educated" Hollywood liberals and hold a candlelight vigil for our misunderstood brothers in downtown Bagdad.

In case you are not aware they hate ALL Americans including the liberals that wish to hug them.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Jeezus you are obnoxious.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Jeezus you are obnoxious.

Not really obnoxious but I do believe in telling the truth and I don't really care who the truth offends.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't know if they've chosen their uniform yet, but I'm leaning towards the outfit that the guy in the lower pic has on.  The purple jogging suit, with yellow stripes.

Baathist terrorists will be laughing so hard, their aim will be thrown off and the RPG's will miss.

As for them being "uneducated", Iraqi's have one of the highest literacy rates in the third world.  They are also very "cosmopolitan" by third world standards.  The only reason they are in the shape they are currently in is because of Saddam Hussein, who has raped this country for the last 25 years.

As for all of them hating all of us, and these people having low IQ's, I'd say that men trying out for a police force being trained by Americans says a few things about them:

1.  They are smart enough to side with the winners.
2.  They like Americans enough to fight on the same side with us.  They also like their own country enough to want to make it a better place.
3.  They are brave men.  They are the first domestic target of the Baathist terrorists, when US forces / interests aren't around to shoot at.

My comments about the silly jogging suit aside, I have nothing but the utmost respect for these men.  They love their country enough to take on a very dangerous job, in order to make it a safe place for civilized people to live in.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I don't know if they've chosen their uniform yet, but I'm leaning towards the outfit that the guy in the lower pic has on.  The purple jogging suit, with yellow stripes.

Baathist terrorists will be laughing so hard, their aim will be thrown off and the RPG's will miss.

As for them being "uneducated", Iraqi's have one of the highest literacy rates in the third world.  They are also very "cosmopolitan" by third world standards.  The only reason they are in the shape they are currently in is because of Saddam Hussein, who has raped this country for the last 25 years.

As for all of them hating all of us, and these people having low IQ's, I'd say that men trying out for a police force being trained by Americans says a few things about them:

1.  They are smart enough to side with the winners.
2.  They like Americans enough to fight on the same side with us.  They also like their own country enough to want to make it a better place.
3.  They are brave men.  They are the first domestic target of the Baathist terrorists, when US forces / interests aren't around to shoot at.

My comments about the silly jogging suit aside, I have nothing but the utmost respect for these men.  They love their country enough to take on a very dangerous job, in order to make it a safe place for civilized people to live in.

I agree with you 100%...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Not really obnoxious but I do believe in telling the truth and I don't really care who the truth offends.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I have nothing but the utmost respect for these men.  They love their country enough to take on a very dangerous job, in order to make it a safe place for civilized people to live in.

We are training a group of people that will one day use that training and the weapons we gave them to kill our men.

Would you trust one of them to cover your ass?

If so you have a lot to learn about the real world.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Special note to Cornbread:
If you actually were interested in "living in the real world", maybe you would realize that plenty of the people out there:
a) look different than you do,
b) worship differently than you do, and
c) choose weapons different from your preferences.

The fact that you would label folks "ignorant ragheads" based upon a photo that shows them training to become policemen gives us zero information about those Iraqis, but it may provide some small insight into they way you 'think'... if it can be called that.

If you don't trust Iraqis to become policemen, then how will there ever be an Iraqi power structure to whom we can turn over sovereign control?  

Following your logic, it appears that:
We can't trust them, so it is wrong to equip or train them.
Therefore, American and coalition troops should just stay there forever?  Or is abandoning Iraq so that Baathists can resume power preferable?

It was earlier recommended that you sell a gun to buy a book.  I encourage you to sell several, then hire a tutor to help you read and critically think through the content of a few books.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It was earlier recommended that you sell a gun to buy a book.  I encourage you to sell several, then hire a tutor to help you read and critically think through the content of a few books.  

I read more than most any of you useally history and other things that one needs to know.

Perhaps if I read Hillary's book or something written by Al Gore or even Barbra Strisand I would understand the liberal fantasy world and think like you "educated" people.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Apparently all that reading hasn't taught you how to spell...

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:15:39 AM EDT
[#34]
My spelling is not so good but that does not change the fact that you know I am right.

Would you trust one of these "policemen" covering your ass?

Possibly not since they are not "Blackwater" material.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#35]
As anyone with some real life training and experience knows, you never want ANYONE covering your six that you don't trust and know like the back of your hand.

So no, I wouldn't want one of these guys on my six. But there are LOTS of people I wouldn't want backing me up if I knew there was a fight coming. As a student of history, you should be aware that lots of SF guys feel more comfortable being backed up by the foreigners they have trained than by regular US forces. The SF guys in nam were happier with the montanyard tribesmen backing them up than they were with regular US soldiers. (Cause they knew the montanyards weren't going to fall for booby traps or end up accidentally shooting them...The SF guys were going to share danger with them, so they trained them properly.) Therefore precedent exists to contradict the broad generalizations you have made up to this point.

If I was heading into harm's way I would want to be backed up by a group of guys I knew well and had trained with extensively. Only then would I feel comfortable focusing on my field of fire and not trying desperately to grow eyes all around my head. What color or nationality these guys would be is irrelevant. If I knew them enough to trust them I would be happy to have them watching my back.

If I don't know them enough to trust them, then there is no way in hell I want them on my six, regardless of where they come from. Simple as that.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The SF guys in nam were happier with the montanyard tribesmen backing them up than they were with regular US soldiers. (Cause they knew the montanyards weren't going to fall for booby traps or end up accidentally shooting them...The SF guys were going to share danger with them, so they trained them properly.) Therefore precedent exists to contradict the broad generalizations you have made up to this point.

The Montanyards were 100% loyal to the US SF troops because they hated the Vietnamese people more than anything in life. They have never got along and both the North and South killed and oppresed the Yards.

The SF troops earned their respect and their trust so they were willing to die for the cause and the Special Forces.

I had a friend that was 5th group SF and he spent almost a year with the Yards and several died for him.

These "policemen" are not in the same class as the yards.

They hate the US and resent us being there.

They have no reason to be friendly to us and if you ask any US service men that have been over there you will get the same report. They will not turn their back on ANY of these people because you never know who will stick a knife in it.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SF guys in nam were happier with the montanyard tribesmen backing them up than they were with regular US soldiers. (Cause they knew the montanyards weren't going to fall for booby traps or end up accidentally shooting them...The SF guys were going to share danger with them, so they trained them properly.) Therefore precedent exists to contradict the broad generalizations you have made up to this point.

The Montanyards were 100% loyal to the US SF troops because they hated the Vietnamese people more than anything in life. They have never got along and both the North and South killed and oppresed the Yards.

The SF troops earned their respect and their trust so they were willing to die for the cause and the Special Forces.

I had a friend that was 5th group SF and he spent almost a year with the Yards and several died for him.

They have no reason to be friendly to us and if you ask any US service men that have been over there you will get the same report. They will not turn their back on ANY of these people because you never know who will stick a knife in it.

For all you know, most of the men in that picture may have already died for their country and their freedom.

Before you can judge a man, you have to be one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#38]
They way they see it killing and dying for their country means killing us or getting killed tyring to kill us.

No liberal on this planet can change their minds.

No matter how nice we are to them and no matter how much money we spend they will always hate the USA.

So if they died a "heroes" death they could have taken a few of our sons with them.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#39]
wow.  cornbread sounds a lot like milslurp-vega.  
cornbread, have you ever spoken to anyone who has been to Iraq?  Did they tell you the things that they've told me? that all but a few of the Iraqi people that they talked to were happy to be free of Saddam and his ilk?  It's time to pull your head out.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have no first hand experience with either group. You have no information on the pictured group beyond the photos themselves. As a student of history, I'm certain that you understand that you have no authority to comment on the situation.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
wow.  cornbread sounds a lot like milslurp-vega.  
cornbread, have you ever spoken to anyone who has been to Iraq?  Did they tell you the things that they've told me? that all but a few of the Iraqi people that they talked to were happy to be free of Saddam and his ilk?  It's time to pull your head out.  

So why are our guys still dying everyday? Who is killng them?

Yes I have spoken to REAL combat personal that have been to Iraq and if most of them had their way they would make a parking lot out of the entire place.

Liberal views and the bullshit that goes with it does not last too long once you have had a few of your best friends killed.

Some of you people really need to get a taste of the real world and turn off the MTV.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You have no first hand experience with either group. You have no information on the pictured group beyond the photos themselves. As a student of history, I'm certain that you understand that you have no authority to comment on the situation.

But you have first hand experience with these people that would make you believe otherwise?

Or is that just the opinion of another liberal that wishes to think everyone is basically good and if we be nice to them they will forget their nature and be nice to us?

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you have first hand experience with these people that would make you believe otherwise?

Or is that just the opinion of another liberal that wishes to think everyone is basically good and if we be nice to them they will forget their nature and be nice to us?

Didn't say I did. What I did say is that you are jumping to conclusions.

If I thought everyone was basically good, I wouldn't bother with firearms. But, unless we want to be over there forever, we have to trust someone. We destroyed their government, if we leave a void, and it is filled with people who are no better, or worse, than what we knocked over, every single KIA was in vain.

We used power, with that power, comes responsibility. We have a responsibility to complete our mission. If we don't we are no better than a playground bully.

Oh, and I'd trust anyone of 'em to back me up. They are probably better trained.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I agree with you 100% Stryfe. Get a life Cornbread. If you can look at a photograph and come to all the conclusions that you've posted, you must be Miss Cleo. At least those guys in the photo stepped up to the plate for their country, and may more than likely die because of it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Cornbread, a mind is a dangerous thing to waste.

Now that you have taught yourself how to read, you need to teach yourself how to learn.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I really find it hard to understand how educated adults can be so naive.

How have so many of you been able to live such a sheltered life and been able to avoid all the nasty things that happen everyday in the real world?

Someday you are in for a shocking taste of reality and I really hope you survive it.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:05:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Cornbread, a mind is a dangerous thing to waste.

Now that you have taught yourself how to read, you need to teach yourself how to learn.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top