Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 4:46:26 AM EDT
Took my new S&W1911 to the range yesterday. Think I'm gonna be very pleased with this purchase. I bought a box of Winchester white box Wally World range/value pack, 230gr FMJ's.

I decided to use the 15 yard range at my club. First shot outa the gun, bullseye!! Now that's a confidence builder I'll tell ya. I averaged ~2 inch groups thru the session. The sight setting from the factory were right on. The gun came with 2 Wilson Combat 8 rnd mags, both functioned without a hitch. I would rate the trigger as fair. Has a bit more takeup slack than I had expected. Still far better than my Beretta 92FS DA/SA trigger. The edges of the trigger are sharp also. A little file work should take care of that however. Had zero extraction problems with the external extractor.

This is the first 1911 pistol I have owned so I can't campare it to anything else. This first range trip was very positive. I'm most surprised, and pleased, with the accuracy of the pistol. Think she's a keeper.

Shabo
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
A bullseye out of the box is indeed a confidence builder, along with no other problems to boot!
Hopefully that sets the tone for the rest of it's lifetime.
The external extractor should be no problem, actually better for the user in that you may be able to hand chamber a round, rather than mag chambering of the old style extractor.
+1 to the list of happy S&W 1911 owners.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the new SW1911.  Sounds like a keeper.  I will be picking one up very shortly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top