Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 1:28:44 PM EDT
Hey guys I'm trying to figure out some stuff about Caspian arms 1911 frames and could really use some help here. I want to build a compact gun. I'm shooting for a 3.5in barrel and I'm not sure what size slide or frame to get. From talking to a bunch of guys at the gun club today it sounded like you can build the gun to work with whatever 1911 mags you wanted, so I'm thinking the para-ord P12 mags, since I can get 15rd mags. The thing is I don't know the overall size of the mags so I don't really know what size frame to get, but still have the smallest frame that will work with the mags. Does anyone know? Also going along with that, what would be the correct size slide for use with a 3.5inch barrel? This will be my first 1911 and thats partialy why I want to build it. I'll have help with the build from a gunsmith at my gunclub but I don't see him enough to hash out all of this stuff with him. I have a frame picked it's just the size that i'm unsure of. So if anyone can help me out with some answers- Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#1]
According to their website, Caspian will work with you on your project.
Who better to work with but the manufacturer?
A lot would depend on who's 3.5 inch barrel too, they will probably want to know that.
Good luck on your project and we expect a full range report when completed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:02:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
According to their website, Caspian will work with you on your project.
Who better to work with but the manufacturer?
A lot would depend on who's 3.5 inch barrel too, they will probably want to know that.
Good luck on your project and we expect a full range report when completed.

I didn't see that little tidbit on the site. Time to e-mail them again.

Oh and I'm not sure about the barrel, got any recomendations? What type of barrel would eliminate the need for the barrel bushing?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The blunderbus-lookin barrel on my buddy's Springfield 3.5" ultra-compact is without the bushing.. I think that's about standard for 3.5's.  The barrel flares out in the last 1.5 inch or so to take up the slack.  Pretty cool lookin really ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top