Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2003 4:36:06 AM EDT
I just picked up a Colt 1991 commander in 45. I need help finding a CCW rig for this weapon. I'm not too sure how IWB would do with the commander.

What are your thoughts?

Ron
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:14:15 AM EDT
If you don't like IWB go to www.kirkpatrickleather.com. I own three of their holsters and have been totally satisfied.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:26:37 AM EDT
You can certainly use a Gov't. IWB holster for the Commander.

I have an Alessi IWB and it's a superior piece of leather, but if I had to buy something today it would be something from Milt Sparks. Their Summer Special line has all the features I want with nothing extra, and the price is right.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:38:38 AM EDT
Blade Tech Kydex IWB for the Commander. I carry my Commander in one every day. If you sweat like I do, leather wont make it. After the first day, its wet until you can let it dry out, and they dont dry anytime soon. I'd need 7 holsters a week in the summer. The leather can really annoy you against bare skin too. If you have a Government model and holsters for it, they will work for the Commander just fine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:10:20 PM EDT
Recommend you consider the kydex holsters from www.fistholsters.com. Their kydex is thinner than others with very little excess bulk.
It's a top quality product, very practical,
reasonably priced and comfortable for daily wear. Regards, Chuck Hunt
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:25:59 PM EDT
rather you go with an IWB holster or not you definetly will need a good quality Belt designed for CCW.

www.miltsparks.com
www.andrewsleather.com/saddle.htm
www.rossleatheronline.com/

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:07:25 PM EDT
Milt Sparks' VM2 is a piece of art. So is the Watch Six, and Summer Special 2. Don't forget to order a couple of belts at the same time!Yes, I have spent a few dollars on quality leather...

Be well!
Top Top