Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2003 10:03:13 PM EDT
can someone please tell me the truth about the legalities of purchasing online hi-capacity pistol magazines? i would love to get my hands on some new pre-ban beretta 92F hi-cap mags in 9 mm, but i've been told they're going to run into a lot of money, most likely over a hundred dollars, and that i'd only be able to find them at gun shows. then i see on various web sites hi-cap aftermarket mags for the beretta 92F on sale for as little as $18. what gives? are these new mags? used? pre-ban? post-ban? is it technically ILLEGAL for me to purchase any hi-cap pistol mags because of the ban? please please someone tell me once and for all, i am so confused...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless your state has some high cap ban like CA does. You can buy any preban magazine high cap. Beretta 92 mags are common as poop as are any military magazines. There are millions of them.  Find factory guns. Some of the aftermarket ones are total crap.

Shop on Ebay I bet you will find some.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
can someone please tell me the truth about the legalities of purchasing online hi-capacity pistol magazines? i would love to get my hands on some new pre-ban beretta 92F hi-cap mags in 9 mm, but i've been told they're going to run into a lot of money, most likely over a hundred dollars, and that i'd only be able to find them at gun shows. then i see on various web sites hi-cap aftermarket mags for the beretta 92F on sale for as little as $18. what gives? are these new mags? used? pre-ban? post-ban? is it technically ILLEGAL for me to purchase any hi-cap pistol mags because of the ban? please please someone tell me once and for all, i am so confused...

Hi cap mags are totally legal to own if you dont live in a comi state such as Kailifornia.
Baretta hi-caps have to be the most common  and lowest priced of the pistols out today. You will find factory Beretta 15 round mags out there for $30-$40. Seems alot of people are selling off their hi-cap mags now with the AWB almost certain to sunset next year. They are hoping to sell them for what they bought them for and then buy new ones for half that next year. The only after market for the Bereta that I would trust my life to is the Mec-Gar mags. USA and Tripple K are junk and should be avoided like the plauge. The old saying of you get what you pay for could never be any truer then when talking about pistol mags. For more info feel free to visit over on the Beretta website at Berettaforum.net, they are a really nice group of people and you will find a wealth of information over there!

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys. i appreciate the info. i was in the gun store today and the guy quoted me beretta factory mags (new 15 rnd) for $60 a piece. holy smokes, i said. i passed on them. i'll look on the web and on the beretta forum to see if i can't find any others for a little less $$$. just picked up the Cx4 Storm, which is screaming for hi-cap mags. thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had any problems with the Asian contract Beretta 92 mags that I use in my Walther. At worst I will use them for range only, and use factory mags for CCW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top