Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I LIKE the looks of that black one.  Damn.  I can just see more $$$$ flying out of my wallet soon.  Hopefully my Kimber won't be jealous....

It doe shave a certain "business" look to it doesnt it. I have been wondering the same thing about my Kimbers. Hopefully, should I like it enough to get one, they would just see it as a cousin in the family and welcome it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#2]
What excites me (I was hoping for something more original like a wheelgun) is that they are calling this the Granite Series.

So is it possible we are looking at a whole line of 1911'ish models in 9mm, 10mm, 38 Super?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes... you are onto something... GSR series Glocks with decent trigger? LOL!!! GSR series AR15!!! YEAH! A SIGARMS AR15 with their gas system! Nice!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a black one on order. Should have it in about 10 days. I'll give it a shakedown and post a report. My price on new ones will be $975, I may have a better deal on my demo unit if I don't keep it which I probably will. I need another 1911 like a hole in the head, I already have 2 Wilsons. But frankly, I think this one has a large "cool factor". It doesn't come with night sights, a minus IMO. But my distributor rep shot it this weekend and couldn't get it to malfunction. He also said the trigger was sweet and the recoil to his hand felt less than other 1911s. There is a guy here who makes custom kydex holsters so I'll have him make me one for the GSR.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]
az_larry

Dont keep us hanging after you pick it up.
I await your range report.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I won't. Actually it's being shipped here, I won't be picking it up. I'll take pics and post an honest report. By the way, this price is for Arfcomers only. Please don't cross post to the Sigforum, as I choose to do business over here.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I am expecting my first shipment in late December. It is amazing how much buzz has been created already. The preorders just don't stop! I am very eager to see what Sig has come up with. A friend of mine in the Western states has already handled one while speaking to an executive at Sig. He was as giddy as a schoolgirl with a crush...

Be well!
Damian
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I won't. Actually it's being shipped here, I won't be picking it up. I'll take pics and post an honest report. By the way, this price is for Arfcomers only. Please don't cross post to the Sigforum, as I choose to do business over here.

Prices over on SiGForum, at least those I've seen posted, have been in the $849.00 range.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
If you can find it at $849 without even paying freight, then your getting a beter deal than me and I'm a dealer.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top