Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 10:57:06 AM EDT
I have see advertised on differnt sites ammo for sale and some say what the feet per second and the foot/pounds of energy is for that round.
What would be considered an average foot/pounds of energy for a 9mm round.I have two 9mm pistols, one is an original Colt Government model in 9mm, its about 20 years old and I have a new CZ75.Ive shot ammo with 345 foot/pounds and 430 foot/pounds in my CZ but would 430 be too much for the older Colt.
Any one got any experiance in this subject?
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not the velocity or force generated, but rather the pressure generated that dictates whether a particular load should be shot in a particluar firearm.

I would be comfortable shooting any non +P in the 1911, and the CZ should be able to handle any standard or +P load.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Bloke, I agree with Red-leg, although, I think the Colt should be able to handle +P just fine.  You might put a heavier recoil spring in.  However, if you have no tangible reason to shoot +P, don't bother.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top