Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/27/2002 11:20:43 AM EDT
Just held my first Kel-Tec P-32 and couldn't believe how LIGHT and COMPACT it was!!

Can anybody tell me anything about your experience with either the P-32 and/or the use of the .32 caliber?

I'm licensed to carry concealed but I want a RELIABLE carry and the P-32 fits the size but I don't know about the reliability.

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 2:53:57 PM EDT
Gun Reports panned the Kel Tec-32 because of unreliability...
Gib
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:55:29 PM EDT
I only have second-hand reporting to do on this one, but it's from a buddy whose opinion I trust immensely. (Shot IDPA with him, and he's GOOD and knows what he's talking about.)

He bought one. Went to try it out. Shot standard IDPA targets starting at 5 yards, moving back at the end of each full magazine, and making only head shots. He told me he didn't miss until he got back to 25 yards, and then he only missed once in that mag. Never burped on him once.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:40:49 AM EDT
I have one and I have put about 200 rounds through it. The first 50 or so it ran a little rough, but I can't remember a mis-feed in the last 100 rounds. It is (for me) the easiest gun to shoot accurately in this size range. I have read of problems with them breaking , but a couple of other people I know have put over 500 rounds through each of theirs with no problems yet and one of them shoots mostly HOT Corbon ammo. I shoot Silvertips and whatever Hardball is handy. If you have large hands the gun may actually be to small. I keep mine for backup and deep concealment, but I am not totally at ease with it. Try the keltec forum at www.ktog.com or something close to that. I am thinking of getting a NAA .22mag revolver to take its place and a Kahr P9 or Para Ordance Carry for normal ccw use. If I think I might see trouble I carry a full-size Kimber .45.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:56:31 PM EDT
Like Sidelock1 I have about 200 rounds through mine. Mostly Silvertips and Federal HP's, one box of Corbon (that Stings!), and a few S&B FMJs. Been totally reliable, easy to shoot and like you said, very, very light. At least as important to me is that it's very thin.

Can't say that I really like the sights, but until I get annoyed enough to make some real sights to put on it, they'll do. Sure wish Kel-Tec would go this route on the trigger of the P11.

Pat
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:19:43 AM EDT
I've got one, and I love it. About $200 to $240. Goes everywhere with me. Every that is when I can't carry my AR...lol
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 11:59:47 AM EDT
I have one with zero malfunctions so far. Of course, I've only put about 200 rounds thru it. The first 3 shots I ever took with it were at 15yds, and all 3 went thru the same hole! I've never been able to duplicate that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 5:09:08 PM EDT
Couple hundred through mine so far - no problems at all.

Fits in my pocket, my 1911 doesn't.

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:29:50 PM EDT
mine has about 500 rds. i only shoot ball for max penetration. works every time! love the belt clip! great gun. it can shoot through both sides of a 2000 cadillac through the trunk! http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/5090/images/PGiqD8CoBQIAAB3Cgi8_5090_0.pjpeg
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 10:18:38 AM EDT

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

use2b, you are cracking me up here...

how the hell did you figure out you could shoot through a 2000 cadillac?

i bet thats a funny story....

Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:37:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:11:16 AM EDT
Hey everybody, I started this topic a while back and have since bought my very own P-32!!!

Put 42 rounds through it a couple of days ago and loved it! You can NOT beat the compactness of this gun. I'm cheap and before I bought it I scoured the net, listened to the reviews on this site, and even phoned Kel-Tec. They are the ones that sold me. Not only were they nice and willing to talk but they explained the cause of so many so-called "malfunctions."

I can easily pop a soda can from 15 yards with this thing!!

So, where can I find a 2000 Cadillac to shoot? :)

STEEL
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:45:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 11:33:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 12:51:08 AM EDT
Every body i know that has a seacamp,khar, baretta ect,, has put them in there box and thats where they belong! The KEL-TEC has just about taking over as about 90% of the no see no have gun trade! They are agreat little tilt barrel novel firing pin ,hamerless design, unfortunately i have and love my KEL-TEC P-40 which they have dropped from there line! Mine is 95554X serial no which is way past the earlier 40,000 where they used some of the 9mml P-11 parts to make there 40S&W , I had a chance to trade my P-40 for a armalite lower which is worth much more than my 250.00 kel-tec P-40 but because it is such a gem of a pistol well under 1&1/2 lbs fully loaded 9+1,,, got to keep it... this post is about KEL-TEC 32, 11 but i am hear to tell you KEL-TEC can't be beat by any one....bob cole
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:21:07 AM EDT
Congrats on your new P32.
I carry mine in the waist band with the side belt clip.
I strongly recommend you send yours back to Keltec and let them Hard Chrome the barrel & slide FOR $20 !!!!! You just can't beat that.
Reaon is, if you carry in the summer, in about 3 weeks you will start to ntice the rust in the nooks & crannies of the slide.
No problems, no malfunctions...great gun. It stings a little with hot ammo. By the way, Sights & P32 really don't go together. This is a CQB weapon and only dead men take aim at targets less than 10 feet away. Farther than that & you probably shouldn't be taking the shot with this gun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:28:02 PM EDT
March 9th Range Report!

I just took the new P-32 I bought on Wednesday to the range this afternoon and it is awesome! I fired 250 rounds (5 boxes) of Fiocchi 73gr FMJ throught it, mag after mag after mag, etc. and it was 100% reliable. I had not a single malfunction of ANY kind, even when the gun was dirty. I am very happy with my purchase.

For a little tiny gun with no sights to speak of, I was having no trouble shooting those little spinning metal targets at up to 25 yards. The whole target itself is about 12"x12" and with almost every shot, I saw one of the little disks inside it spin around. I didn't even go closer than 25 yards because I didn't have to. I'm not saying it has the ability of a full size handgun to hit inside 3-4" at that range, but for what it is, I think the P-32 is great.

The Fiocchi ammo had a nice little pop to it too, although that is all I have so I have no basis of comparison. Again though, considering how small and light the P-32 is, it was very comfortable to shoot. The only reason I stopped is because I only brought 5 boxes of ammo with me.

I did do the quick change of recoil springs at 100 rounds, from the stock 9 lb. to the Wolff 11 lb. spring set I bought and I have to say the 11 lb. feels much better to me. It makes it slightly harder to manipulate the slide, but it's still easy. The heavier spring made the recoil more of a push than the snap with the stock spring set. My guess is that the heavier spring set also helps functional reliablity because it chambers rounds with more authority.

Anyway, here's another vote in the P-32's favor from a new owner. I think it rocks!
Top Top